List all custom fields of an organization

Thanks again @Bastien_Siebman. Amazing tool.

So much easier to manage Asana with Tagsana.com and custom-fields.com

2 Likes

@Bastien_Siebman Is there a way you could add a CSV export file to this. Of course you would have to duplicate Name, Type and Options for every Project you have listed under each field, but loading into Excel would allow filtering. The second option of course would be to put a filter drop-down on Projects to select a single Project or multiple projects to see custom fields. I know you have thought of a sort by project but the filters or CSV export could also be an option. Thanks for the good work.

1 Like

You can now filter the list of fields using project names! custom-fields.com :partying_face:

Thanks @James_Carl for the little motivation push :+1:

3 Likes

I can attest that adding the project filter is a great addition and adds even more usefulness to an already useful tool. Great work and great turn around time.

2 Likes

Love the addition of the Project loading status as well.

1 Like

I am considering using the same kind of tool to list teams and projects. If that would be useful for you, say so on Overview of all teams and its projects (including private) please!

This is AMAZING! When I go to print, I lose all of the coloring and the projects turn to the link target instead of the project name…Can I preserve this list somehow to use offline?

I added the requests to my (long) list of things to do =) :sweat_smile:

I have added a new feature to the site: please welcome the first custom fields marketplace :champagne:

1 Like

:baby:Baby sister is there to get an overview of your teams and projects: iDO Tools - Improve Asana with our tools and automations

Discussed on

I added a new tool to my growing list: the My Tasks cleaner

To simplify the work of the Asana Admin (see 🧭 The Asana admin compass) I added the possibility to show the notification settings of the field.

1 Like

I improved the tool and added an indicator for archived projects. This is a paid feature but it can really simplify your life as an Asana admin when doing some cleanup!

1 Like

It is crucial to export that list otherwise you’re gonna learn the hard way that Asana does not have a change trail for custom fields! I added a notice on the tool page saying you can simply export by saving the webpage (Ctrl+S, Cmd+S).

The tool now allows you to list the gid of the enum options (quite handy for developers)

cc @Phil_Seeman thanks for the motivation booster!

2 Likes

Great!

@Bastien_Siebman,

Did you ever consider using align to top for all cell content? When a custom field has either lots of option values or lots of projects using it, I think it would be more readable that way.

Also, in large orgs, the Projects column can have lots of projects for many custom fields which makes the output hard to read, so maybe listing them comma-separated instead of one row for each could reduce the overall size of the report.

Maybe those two things could make the report easier to read for large orgs?

Thanks,

Larry

1 Like

It would and I definitely will. Thanks :kissing_heart:

2 Likes

And a big ask for the future roadmap would be a CSV (like you offer for Overview). You’d have to collapse some columns (like Options and Projects) to fit in a cell, but perhaps commas would work, or quotes to handle newlines within cells.

Thanks!!

2 Likes

Done and done :white_check_mark: thanks for the ideas!

1 Like

Quick work, and that looks perfect–thanks!!

Larry

1 Like

The multi-select custom field type is now recognized by the tool :muscle:

3 Likes

This is being finalised, a client paid for it :slight_smile:

1 Like