Life Management Structure

Hi there,

I’m new here, seeking help on how best to setup the following structure within Asana?

1. Life
  2. Life Areas (Spiritual, Vocational, Financial, Physical, Mental, Social, Familial)
  3. Life Area Goals
  4. Life Area Goals Sub Goals
  5. Life Area Goals Sub Goals Targets
  6. Life Area Goals Sub Goals Targets Actions
  7. Life Area Goals Sub Goals Targets Sub-Actions

i.e.

1. Life
  2. Financial
  3. Invest an ever-greater financial fortune
  4. Master Personal Investing Skill(s)
  5. Read 5 Investing books by x date/time, according to x priority and dependency, i.e. read book 1 first then book 2 etc
  6. Action 1 = Read Book 1, Action 2 = Read Book 2 etc
  7. within Action 1 = Recurring action to read for 15 minutes, frequency=daily

Greatly appreciate your help in getting started

FYI I currently have approximately 500 items (Goals, Sub Goals, Targets, Actions and Recurring Actions) across the aforementioned Life Areas.

My End in Mind is to have linked dependency from the sub-action to the action to the target, to the sub goals, to the goals, to Life

I.e. Life Fulfillment Progress/Score = Cumulate Life Areas Progress / No. Life Areas

If I have posted this in the wrong spot, please help to redirect, thanks

Josh

1 Like

Hi @Josh22, welcome to the Asana Community Forum :wave:t2:

I have gone ahead and moved your post to the #usecases category to make it easier for our Community members to find and contribute to :slight_smile:

I hope you don’t mind!

Hey @Josh22,

Welcome to the community!

I hope I’m not late on this.

I’m guessing you are using the Basic version of Asana, so you probably don’t have access to the feature called Goals. I’ve sent you a message to connect on this topic further if you’d like and I can show you how I have this setup.

Otherwise, I think you have your structure very well broken down.

or Premium, which also doesn’t include Goals

Yeah, you are right Phil, thanks for complementing me.

This topic was automatically closed after 6 days. New replies are no longer allowed.