Leading with an '@' mention in lists indents the line

Briefly describe (1-2 sentences) the Bug you’re experiencing:
When you have a bulleted / numbered list and you start off a new entry in that list with an ‘@’ mention (perhaps to tag a user or link to another task/project), hitting the ‘tab’ key to auto-complete the ‘@’ mention results in the entire line being indented. I know that normal behavior of hitting the ‘tab’ key while creating a list (rightfully) results in the entry being indented, but perhaps there is someway to avoid this when the ‘@’ mention window is present and you are intending to auto-complete the entry vs. indent the line.

Steps to reproduce:
See above.

Browser version:
Chrome OS

Upload screenshots below:
N/A

2 Likes

HI @Ben_Brenner and thank you so much for taking time to report this.

I was able to reproduce this on my end as well. I’m not entirely sure if this is a bug or an expected behaviour so let me check it with our Development Team. I’ll keep you posted as soon as I have an update!

I should add that the same thing happens even if the ‘@‘ mention is later in the bulleted sentence and you hit the tab key to autocomplete the mention. I think that hitting the tab key in a list will always indent, it’s fairly standard behavior, but perhaps the dev team can see if there is a way to temporarily disable that functionality when the ‘@‘ mention action is engaged and the window appears displaying matching results.

1 Like