Keeping up with Team Member Deadlines ?

I hope this is the right place for this.
I am facing a challenge of keeping up with tasks assigned to my team.

For instance -
I ask a team member to obtain a quote from a vendor.
They create a task " Follow up with Vendor " and add me as collaborator. (I’m also on the project team.) The team members make updates etc in the comments until the task is completed.
How can I set alerts to know when new comments have been added to the task.

I don’t want browser notifications. Ideally, I’d create a saved search to find these, but was unable to successfully set a report to do this.

Thanks,

Dave

Happy Friday @DMS :wave:t5:and thank you for reaching out!

If you were added as a collaborator of the task, you should receive an Inbox notification every time that task has new comments. You can check the following Guide article for more details.

If you’d like to create and Advanced Search report to easily track these tasks the following search might be useful for you:

You can even narrow the search down by adding due date or creation date if suits you better.

I hope this helps @DMS but please let me know if you have any follow-up question!

OK - I see the problem -

I created my rule, including everyone on my team in the “Commented By Field” working from the assumption that the system was using “OR” between values. From my testing, it looks like it is using “AND” between values.

In this model, it looks to me like the only solution is to create a separate search for each team member.

I want a single search for all the comments my team makes -

Is there a way to do this ?

Thank you.

Happy Monday @DMS and thank you for the follow-up!

What you are saying is correct. The systems interprets the parameters set as an “and” rather than an “or”. I believe the best solution here is to create a unique report for each team member but one workaround to create a single report could be to run the following advanced search:

• Add all the team members in the “assign to” filter
  • Use the " modification date" parameter instead of using the “comment on by” one.

Please note this will bring back all the tasks that have been modified in the last X days - not only the ones that have been commented on. I know this is not exactly what you are looking for but I hope it helps!

Please let me know if there is anything else I can help you with!

Thanks! That looks like it will work pretty well.

1 Like