JSON exports do not include actual data for fields of type enum and multi_enum

Briefly describe (1-2 sentences) the Bug you’re experiencing: Exactly what the title says.

Steps to reproduce:

1. Have enum and/or
  2. Project actions → export → JSON
  3. Every task comes out with this even if the task really does have a value in these fields:
    “enum_value” : null,
    or
    “multi_enum_values” : ,

…and in both cases:
“display_value” : null,

The JSON is very complete when it comes to listing all the options for these fields, but doesn’t bother including which options users have actually chosen/stored in these fields for each task.

This makes the export useless for data analysis on fields of these two types.

Browser version: n/a

Upload screenshots below: n/a

Hi @Kevin_Bloch, thanks for flagging this.

I suggest reaching out to our Support team with the JSON file so they can take a look at this for you, as they have access to additional tools that we don’t have here on the Community team.

I hope this helps!

Thanks, Rebecca, but I have no need, as we’re soon moving away from Asana. I’m sure you can reproduce this yourself using the steps above, without any additional tools. This is just to alert other people who might be assuming this feature would work, since in my case I was about to remove a couple fields from a project (losing their data) and would’ve just taken the JSON as a backup to do offline analysis with, and lost the very data I wanted to analyze, had I not noticed this.

The workaround is that CSV export does actually output this data just fine. :heavy_check_mark:

This topic was automatically closed after 6 days. New replies are no longer allowed.