'It's time to update your goal(s)' task includes Closed Goals

Briefly describe (1-2 sentences) the Bug you’re experiencing:
A co-worker has noticed that in the automated ‘It’s time to update your goal(s)’ task, it includes goals that have been closed.

Steps to reproduce:
She ‘completed’ the task and the closed goals are still appearing on the list

Browser version: Chrome

Upload screenshots below:

Hi @Danae_Bowers, thanks for reaching out and reporting this issue! Could you please provide the following information so we can investigate this further?

• Screenshot of the task including the closed Goal (please hide any personal information from the screenshot)
  • URL of the task
  • When was the goal closed? You can see this information in the Goal changes after the comments box.

Looking forward to your reply!

https://app.asana.com/0/0/1202026738044498/f

The top of the goal has the banner saying it’s closed, but the last update tracked is from Jan 19 but my co-worker said she closed it on 3/25 but I don’t see that change tracked, even though the goal is closed Log in - Asana

Thanks for sending all this information, @Danae_Bowers! I’ve gone ahead and sent this report to our product team so we can investigate further. I’ll let you know as soon as I have an update :slight_smile:

Hi @Danae_Bowers, quick follow-up question! could you confirm if you see “This goal is closed” in the Goal:

If you don’t see, could you check if you still have the option to close the goal and just to delete it?

Yes, it has the “This goal is closed” banner

Thanks!

Thanks for confirming, @Danae_Bowers! I’ll let you know once I have an update :slight_smile:

Hi @Danae_Bowers, thanks for your patience while we investigate the issue!

We took a look a the task you sent us and it looks like the task is a duplicate from a another task. This means the task was not automatically created by Asana as a reminder to update the goals and may include goals that don’t need updates anymore. Here is an example of the automatic reminders “It’s time to update your goals” created by Asana:

If you open the task you initially sent us, you will see it says “duplicated task from…”.

In order to solve this issue, please advise your co-worker to create a report to see all “it’s time to update your goals” tasks assigned to them using the advanced search feature. Then they need to remove any recurring due date from the incomplete tasks so these don’t automatically duplicate once completed.

I hope this helps! Let me know if you have any other questions!

This topic was automatically closed after 6 days. New replies are no longer allowed.