Is there any way to hide certain projects in advanced reports?

reports
filtering
views

I am using the “Summary” projects a la @paulminors (Paul I thought your name was Paul Majors LOL)

I have an Overview summary project and a Board (Kanban) summary.

The problem is when I run reports those 2 “fake” projects (summaries) show up, cluttering the report. But if I choose the “not in those projects” filter, the reporting excludes the projects I want to see, since those projects are also part of the “Overview” and “Board” projects.

What I am doing now is collapsing them on the report, but I don’t want to have to do that each time.

Is there a way to HIDE certain projects from reports?

Thanks!

Hi Karen,

Haha, I’m not a major. Just a minor :stuck_out_tongue:

If you also add an “In these projects” condition, does that solve the issue?

Paul

Oooh! Interesting! I’m going to try that. So have BOTH not in these project AND in these projects, right?

I just realized something. I can do that - but I don’t want to have to “know” which project to report on. I want it to report on all projects and choose other ways of filtering like due date etc. That’s why I didn’t use the “In these projects” before.

Or are you wanting me to try that to test something that can then lead to another solution.

Let’s test it to see if it works. Also, can you just list all your projects as the “In these projects”?

OK. Is this what you’re saying:

Not in these projects: Board, Overview
In all these projects: Board, Overview, plus whatever projects I want to report on.

Is that what you mean.

Yes, that’s right.

I tried both.

In all these projects: Board, Overview, plus whatever projects I want to report on.

and

In all these projects: whatever projects I want to report on.

Did not work. Option #1 returned blank results Option #2 Returned ONE project which is NOT a member of the Board and Overview projects.