Is there a way where multiple people can fill out the same form?

Hi,

I want to create a form, but the form will have certain questions that are meant for specific departments. For instance, the form will have a question about supply chain impact (for which supply chain would answer), and then another question about product impact (which the quality team will answer). Is there a way that a form could have a collaborative function so that these questions get answered before the completed form is submitted?

I know that the collaborative aspect could be added in the ‘back-end’ (i.e. once a form is submitted and a task is generated, that task can be passed around to different people), but in this case, I would like the collaboration to happen in the beginning (i.e. form creation) since not everyone will have Asana access.

Is there a way to do this?

Thank you,
Mars

@Mars_Mesina,

You can use form branching for this (if you’re on Asana Business or Enterprise), in this case based on a Team or similar dropdown choice, to ask specific questions in specific cases, right in the form. Is that what you’re looking for?

Read about it here: Forms - Branching

Hope that helps,

Larry

1 Like

Hi,

No, unfortunately, form branching is not what I had meant. I was wondering if there was a feature in which a form can be worked on by multiple people. Similar to how a document on Google Drive can be edited by multiple people in parallel. In my case, I would want the form to get filled out be different people, prior to submitting it. Is there a way to share forms, or have this collaborative aspect be performed in the form?

Thanks,
Mars

I see, @Mars_Mesina. I know you can’t do this with Forms in Asana. But Asana is built for collaboration, but I think I’d replace the form with a Task Template and handle the collaboration in the task (and subtasks, should that be helpful) and its (their) comment thread(s). That’s what I think you already ruled out, but that’s the available tool in Asana for your need, as far as I know.

Larry

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.