Is there a way to see ALL projects?

I just realized I didn’t add a project to the portfolios it belonged in. I want to go double check that I didn’t make this same error in other cases. What’s the best way to see projects that aren’t in any portfolios? Thanks!!

I checked the advanced search, I believe this is not possible… A custom code could give you that answer but it looks like Asana cannot on its own.

Do you want to add all projects to the same portfolio?

Welcome, @Delia_Dykes,

I think you may be able to do this with reporting. Use parameters like this, but list every portfolio (I only list one in the example) and I think you’ll get what you’re looking for: projects not in those portfolios:

Hope that helps,

Larry

1 Like

Great catch! :muscle:

1 Like

The fact that this is not possible is bizarre in such a tool thats focused on projects and portfolios. Senior leadership that oversea multiple portfolios or business goals and objectives will want to be able to see ALL projects and ALL portfolios that we are currently doing, I dont understand this idea by asana that everything is siloed and segragated this isnt how real business works

Reporting functionality isnt the answer, its very weak tool at best. To get anything decent you have to export to excel and make your own (which again you shouldnt have to do) The answer above just shows a list of projects at the bottom and everything at 1.

Just please put this functionality into the system.

2 Likes

Just an idea:

• You can add a custom Field for the Timeframe (Q1, Q2, Q3, Q4) to all projects.
  • Now do a custom search which shows all Projects with Status Q1, Q2, Q3, Q4.
  • Save the search and share the link with Senior Leadership.

Now they can get an overview with only 1 click on the saved search.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 39 days. New replies are no longer allowed.