Is there a way to easily view recurring tasks in one place?

Hi there

Is there a way I can view all the reoccurring tasks ONLY apart from the daily tasks I have created? At the moment, when I click on “My Tasks”, it shows all the tasks created.

Thank you in advance.

Welcome Joanna :wave:
So in My Tasks you want to see recurring tasks in one section for example and other tasks in another section? That is not possible, sorry. But you can include a emoji in your recurring tasks (like :spiral_calendar:) to identify them easily.

2 Likes

Not exactly in sections but atleast be able to identify which ones are the recurring tasks.

Your solution is really handy and I will take it on. I was wondering though, using the ASANA web, how do you do the calendar emoji?

While I have you here, is there a way I can add a contact details (like email and phone numbers) into a task. For example, a task that’s for a specific client, I would like the team member to be able to locate the contact details for that client. At the moment, for my recurring task, I have added them into the description. If there is a better way, i would be so happy!

In Mac OS you can do Ctrl+Cmd+Space to get an emoji keyboard. I don’t know the equivalent for Windows, I think Google can help you out. Depending on the location in Asana you can also type “:” and start typing an emoji name.

Task description is good. If you have a Premium or Business account you can use Custom Fields, that would be the best in your case.

4 Likes

You are amazing! Thank you for your help.

3 Likes

Thanks for the emoji keyboard shortcut Bastien didn’t realise it existed…

As I have both Windows and Mac computers I then had to find the Windows Shortcut, so if anyone else is interested it is the “Windows Key” + “.” or “Windows Key” + “;”

Jason.

3 Likes

Thank you so much for sharing Jason!

I thought it was so handy! I love it!

1 Like