Is it possible to create tasks from an email that does not have an Asana account?

I am wondering if there is a way to send emails from an email account that does not have an account in our Asana Organization.

For example, can we send emails from itsupport@companyname.com, have it create a task in a Project, without the itsupport@companyname.com being a user in Asana?

Is there a way to authorize that company email to create tasks without having to pay for an account just to be able to create tasks?

Not that I know of, maybe the solution is to use Zapier to say something like “if email sent from my address to x@mail.asana.com THEN create an Asana task”. The task creation by email will fail (Asana does not know you) but Zapier will still pick it up.

PS: I do not know if this trigger exist in Zapier, that would depend on your email provider

You could also rely on someone else’s email → instead of emailing Asana you email “bob@company.com” with a special hashtag in the subject line, that would automatically forward to Asana and archive the email through rules (in Gmail for example :person_shrugging: )

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 6 days. New replies are no longer allowed.