Ability to duplicate or set up reoccuring Goals

Hi,

We’ve just started using the Goals feature and using it to set sales monthly and quarterly targets for individuals. I know the Goals feature is based on the OKR methodology, which is a different approach to how we’re using Goals, but Asana’s really flexible, so we’re using Goals in a way that works for us.

Q. Is it possible to clone a Goal and with/without sub-goals so we don’t need to set Quarterly Goals up from scratch each quarter?

2 Likes

Hi @Julian5, thanks for taking the time to provide this feedback :slight_smile:

Hopefully this is something our Product team can implement in the future! I’ll keep you in the loop if I have any updates :slight_smile:

Hi Rebecca, any updates on this? We are also looking for that same feature.

There should be a way to clone a goal to make it easier to roll over to the next quarfter.
80% of our OKRs are the same quarter to quarter with just the target changing. It should be easier to just close Q2 and change the time period to Q3 and change the targets.

Hello @Nick_Sonnenberg,

I completely agree that this would be very helpful :slight_smile:
I have found this existing feedback request thread that I recommend upvoting: Ability to duplicate or set up reoccuring Goals

2 Likes
1 Like

Yes Please!! I would like this feature too!

Very confused how it’s 2 years later and we can’t duplicate a goal. Projects and tasks can be duplicated, why not goals? This seems more like a philosophical choice, like Asana wants us to reenter them every time as a meditative practice of being intentional about goal setting, but in reality it’s just tedious data entry. We’re just trying this feature out for the first time, and the lack of a “duplicate goal” function seems like it will be a clear dealbreaker.

1 Like

Hi everyone. Thank you for giving us feedback on goal duplication.
We’re excited to announce that we recently launched the ability to duplicate Goals. At this moment, users can not duplicate parent goals and/or subgoals. However, when duplicating goals, users can select what attribute options they want to keep! :tada:

Goal duplication1

Attribute options

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 22 days. New replies are no longer allowed.