Allow text formatting in Form fields

Hi all,

Is it possible to allow text formatting (e.g. bold, italics, bullet points, etc) in form fields? I’m thinking of creating a form to allow a submitter to request that we publish a KB article for them, and if they were able to format the proposed article in a form’s field, it would save time – theoretically, we could simply copy/paste what they wrote into our authoring tool.

Thanks!

Brian

8 Likes

Hi @anon44716062,

Not right now. You can ask them to attach a file or provide you with a link to a Google Doc, Dropbox link, etc. Hope this helps!

4 Likes

Would be really helpful to have this feature!!!

4 Likes

Forms are one of the reasons we upgraded to Asana Premium. This feature would make them so much better and easy to use! Please send this feedback to the development team.

2 Likes

On this topic - I would love, as the form creator, to have rich text options as I create the form. We use Forms to manage various types of employee requests. We often have resources with guidelines/“need-to-know” information that we want employees to have easy access to reference when filling out the form. It’d be great if we could hyperlink those resources in our forms’ descriptions.

2 Likes

This would be useful as I use the form feature to log meeting minutes. Would be good to bolden/italicise important information.

1 Like

It would also be helpful to have headers to allow introductions/descriptions of the questions in a given section. i.e. “Tell us about yourself” followed by name, email, etc.

1 Like

I’d love to see some improvements in text formatting within a form.

We currently have links in our forms to direct users to help documentation but right now they are just plain text and our users have to copy/paste them into a browser to access the documentation.

It would also be helpful if we could add sections in our form to break up the questions a bit.

3 Likes

Enable rich text formatting for form submissions.

• Bold, italicize, or underline text
  • Add a numbered or bulleted list
  • Add, edit, or remove links
    *Etc.

Asana enables rich text formatting in Task Descriptions. It would be useful for Asana Form submissions that require the Sumittor to emphasize points and structure complex descriptions (e.g. creative requests)— allowing teams to improve communicating ideas.

4 Likes

Good feedback! +1

Welcome to the Asana Community Forum @ChristaClarke and thanks for sharing your feedback. I agree this would be very helpful.

I have found an existing feedback request for this topic so I have merged your post into this thread.
Don‘t forget upvoting :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I would love this. I would like the ability to have enriched text both in the forms answer fields, and in the form description itself so that I can easily number/bullet items, and bold/underline important details to try and ensure people don’t miss it.

1 Like

Thank you! I searched a few keywords but missed “text formatting.” I appreciate you merging the topics to amplify!

1 Like

Hello,

Our team is running into the same barrier, and in our case it is preventing us from transitioning to Asana. Is there any indication or any plans to have this feature rolled out in a future update?

Thank you!

Hi folks,

Just a quick note to let you know that we’re introducing rich text in Forms questions (it is currently available to 10% of our users and will be come available to everyone by next week)!

Note that right now, rich text is only available for questions, but I understand many of you are looking to have this option for forms responses, which I hope we can implement in the future too! I’ll keep you posted as soon as I have an update on my end!

image (2)

8 Likes

So happy to see this coming to asana! Thank you to the asana team for consistently listenting to feedback!

Is there any chance this would be added to the form description?

2 Likes

Hi @Paige_Porter,

It hasn’t been prioritized just yet, but hopefully, this is something we can do in the future! I’ll keep you posted here when that’s the case :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Great to see this in action now as part of the questions! However, I’m really here for the answers side of things. We use a form to input content from another system, but hyperlinks don’t transfer through when pasting into the plain text field. Currently we have to create the task via the form, then have someone go into the task and manually paste the rich text into the description.

I’m aware of this @Jorge-wms and I have shared this feedback with our team. I’ll keep you posted here as soon as I have an update!

Hi Marie, I am so excited to see this as I have a form I need to make this week that requires formatting. However, I don’t have this feature available yet on any of our forms and when I go to make a new form, these options aren’t available. We have a Business account. Do I need to do something to refresh / gain this feature?