Is it possible to add an existing project to a board?

Hi Guys,

I want to create a board of roadmap. From the board I see that I can add a ticket that will become a project, but I can’t find how I add an existing project as a ticket to the board.

I have some existing projects that are running and created before the board was created, does anyone knows how to do it and if possible?

Thanks in advance :slight_smile:

Hello @Niv_Yona welcome to the Asana Community Forum :wave:

In Asana the main structure that exists are:
Tasks with subtasks
Project (can be displayed in various views such as board view, list view, calendar view etc)
Teams
Portfolios
Organization / Workspace

If you want to create a roadmap board where you display key processes from various projects you can for example multi-home specific tasks

You can do this for all existing projects that you have or alternatively if a project is rather small and you do not want to multi-home tasks then you can create one task in the main roadmap board where you paste the project link into the description and a few notes.

I definitely recommend setting up a portfolio to keep an overview and potentially some graphs in the dashboard help too.

Then if you want to take it even further you can set up Milestones and Goals as well that help you monitor the progress even better.

I hope this helps

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 6 days. New replies are no longer allowed.