Iphone App - My Tasks - sort by project missing?

I agree. I would very much like to be able to sort my tasks by project in the iOS app.

1 Like

Would be useful on android as well.

1 Like

This would be useful

1 Like

An IOS APP with that functionality would be a relief.

1 Like

I would definitely use this option.

1 Like

I Would love this feature. My Job involves a lot of projects, and manually sorting through them on my phone slows me down.

There definitely needs to be some kind of sorting and filtering available here – if you have lots of tasks from different projects its hard to tell what is for what. Also it’d be nice to see here or on another tab tasks you’re following or favorited.

I agree with the community here – the ability to filter and sort tasks by any other view makes it difficult to organize and prioritize tasks. Would be great to view and sort on the go.

Just go the new iPad Pro and was excited to use Asana in it. But this missing feature make my lists in my boards over wheeling to look at. It’s critial. When will this be available. Really surprise this is missing. :frowning:

+1, really surprised that it’s not possible to sort by project and sections.

Agreed, this would be an incredibly useful feature.

I agree, this seems like a huge oversight. Why hasn’t this view been included in the app. It would make using the mobile version 10x more viable as a task management option. I think this is why I originally stopped using the tool because I was mostly using the mobile version.

I’m also curious since we’re going on 18 months after the original post if this has made it on the product’s roadmap. Also, where can one access the product roadmap for the web app and mobile platform?

Hi @Brandon5 and welcome to the Forum! As it stands we do not share publicly our roadmap, you can learn why in this post. Unfortunately, I don’t have an update to share just yet regarding this feature request, but rest ensured that I’m keeping a close eye on the situation. I’ll make sure to update this thread as soon as I have an update!

@Marie, keeping this topic alive. My teams are using this and considering an upgrade and this is one of the main issues blocking us from considering a full rollout. Almost everything else on the collaboration and function side is great. If there isn’t movement on this front we will probably migrate to Microsoft Planner which has this feature built in to the mobile app. Make it happen, I have faith!

1 Like

Thanks for the follow-up @Russ; our mobile is currently working on catching up with the web versions to implement some missing feature, so I have good hope that the ability to sort your My Task by Project will be implemented; I’ll make sure to keep you posted as soon as I have some updates on this topic! In the meantime, have a look at our Release Notes to check all features recently implemented by our Mobile Team!

It’s been 6 months since the last post on this issue… and over 2 years since the first post. Have you implemented the Sort by Project feature on the IOS app yet?

Any update on this feature for mobile devices? I use the desktop and mobile version for my own project management tasks but want to implement company wide buy-in including for all of our freelancers and sub-contractors. However without having a mobile platform that facilities some of these core features it is a tough sell to the powers that be. Otherwise we have to create a board for Project Management then individual projects for each PM to outline their personal to-do list just so we can sort assigned tasks by section/project. Kind of ridiculous that this has been requested for so long but not implemented. Need’s to be more intuitive for organizational purposes when outlining/tracking/assigning to-do lists.

Any updates here? It is quite difficult to find the list on iOS helpful with them all clumped together.

Another user that would love this feature. Sorting by projects in my tasks is the main way I use the app on desktop. It would be great to sort by projects on mobile.