Invited a user with wrong email, can't get rid of them

Briefly describe (1-2 sentences) the Bug you’re experiencing:
I’ve accidentally invited a user with a non-existing email address, so they were not able to accept actually (but this could happen with a user who simply does not accept the invite). I can’t get rid of the invited user. It shows up in the user list when assigning a task with a globe icon next to the name, but it does not show up in the team members list. (Free plan.)

Steps to reproduce:

1. Invite a user
  2. Without them accepting the invite try to remove that user / invite.

Hi @karex, welcome to the forum and sorry for the trouble here!

You can follow these steps to cancel the pending invite:

• Hover over the Team name in the sidebar
  • Click the three dot icon
  • Select Edit Team Settings
  • Navigate to the Members tab
  • Hover over the relevant name and email address
  • Select Remove (this button will also show as Cancel Invite if the user hasn’t accepted their invitation yet)
  • Select Remove Access to remove them from the Team
  • Click Deprovision to remove them from the Organization

Please note you’ll need to follow these steps from the team you added them initially.

If the user doesn’t show up in your list, please try to re-invite them to a team and then remove it following the steps above. That will ensure you deprovision them from the Organization and they won’t appear in the drop-down menu when you assign tasks.

I hope this helps! but please let me know if the issue persists or if you have any questions!

1 Like

Hi Emily, thanks for the detailed answer.

However, this does not seem to work for me, as I do not see the invited user in the user list of the team. I can’t see the invited user anywhere else actually, except in the assign dropdown in the task list and task detail view.

So our case seems a little “errorish”. I’m wondering what else can I do to solve it. Any hint?

2 Likes

Thanks for getting back to me @karex! In this case, I recommend you to contact our Support Team as they will be able to have a look at your account and the pending invite for this user. Unfortunately I don’t have the tools in the forum to investigate this further!

I hope this is solved soon! Let me know if you have any questions.