Introducing Portfolios: The mission control center for everything you need to track in your business

I agree with generally every comment above ^^ :frowning:
The Business upgrade ‘tour’ didn’t give me enough information for me to even understand what the upgrade really is. Perhaps would be more open to the idea if there was a clear understanding of the benefits, and use cases.

3 Likes

I am a business user but do not see how to add Portfolios. Is there a support desk I can contact

OKR…that’ll be an extra 10 bucks per month per user please! And if you don’t want it… we’re taking Portfolios away from Business :smile:

3 Likes

LOL hopefully not but I guess we’ll see!

My apologies for the disconnect, please feel free to reach back out to us following these steps so we can talk next best steps if you’re interested in trying out the new Business tier. Chat soon Sam!

Hi Jonny! To answer your question we’re currently offering free trials of the new Business tier. Feel free to reach out to us following these steps so we can help you get this setup.

This has been the first time I’ve been truly frustrated and super disappointed by Asana. This is a feature that should have been made available to Premium AND Business customers. It’s never too late for you guys to open it up to premium users. Please listen to your customers and fix this.

Huge let down :unamused:

6 Likes

After being extremely disgruntled over the last couple of weeks because of the dashboard depreciation and the surprise, all-new pricing tier to get it, I bit the bullet and got access to a free trial of the enterprise version.

Honestly, I can’t even wrap my head around why there would be such a major price increase for this feature. It has almost the same functionality as the Google Sheets integration with dashboards, with very few unique features. So far, the only difference is that it lives in Asana versus an external source and you can see the project start and end dates… that’s it.

It would be great to at least use this to view everything in a calendar or timeline view, or drill down to see specific tasks… Just some additional features to help manage projects and team work more effectively. It just doesn’t seem like there’s any added value to what they’re asking us to pay out to access it.

Very disappointed in Asana and frankly feeling a bit betrayed. Promising existing customers of all the great things to come and showing us their “vision”, then asking us to fork over more money for something that doesn’t improve workflow at all…

9 Likes

I want to echo that the roll out of this has been a poor customer experience. We don’t need it, we’d never pay for it and it’s annoying that we can’t get rid of it when that left hand sidebar is already crowded enough.

6 Likes

Please remove it from the sidebar for those without access. It’s a waste of prime real estate.

9 Likes

When is there going to be an official response from ASANA on all the complaints below? Please dont give me the generic response that has been posted a few times below already about contacting your support team.

4 Likes

Hi @Steve_Hawes! To learn how to create Portfolio and how to add new projects to your existing Portfolio, have a look at this handy article from our Guide.

If you’re still running into trouble, please let me know, I’ll be more than happy to help!

Can only echo the frustrations already raised here.

We are currently a premium user with 40 seats. Of those 1 person uses the Dashboard feature - Me!

The dashboard was limited but at least it provided me with an overall view of all projects.

TBH i can’t see what the portfolio or indeed the Business offers me that is of greater benefit - so I will not be recommending to my directors that we move to Business user.

The idea of playing double for ALL of the seats, when only 1 will use the function feels firstly really dishonest.

I was already getting frustrated at the lack of reporting/dashboard facilities, and I struggle to get export information in a meaning format. Dashboards where the only function that allowed me to perform that even in a small capacity.

Very disappointed with this Approach by Asana and hoping that they amend their approach.

What I’d like to see is:

1. the ability to upgrade individual users to a more enhanced company wide view of all projects
  2. enhanced auditing/reporting/budget planning/time logging/dashboards at a company wide level.

Currently Asana is offering enough for our users to create, update and complete tasks - and thats really all they need. Many other tools offer this functionality as well as the basic project management functions.

But for my presentations at board level I’m having to resort to manual entry into spreadsheets of information held in Asana, as I can’t extract it meaningfully. Maybe I’m using it wrong - but I’ve spend a year googling user forums etc to no avail.

We’re currently looking into alternatives (suggestions welcome!!)- and whilst that’s going to be painful for us, it may be our only option if Asana continue on this path.

16 Likes

I for one, really love the new Portfolios feature. I love having an overview of how all my projects are going, it helps me organize it all in my mind in a way that makes sense to me.

That said, I’m a single user. The only way I could access it is on a premium business trial. I will obviously not be paying $100/month for 5 users when I only need one

I love the feature, it’s too bad I can’t just give them $10-15 per month to have it

Does anyone know of any alternatives that have similar functionality as the Portfolios feature? I love being able to see that status/completion of all projects in a category at once

4 Likes

Agreed … Feels like Asana has jumped on board with other subscription based software models where it’s free to start, you get hooked, spend a lot of time, energy and resources in adopting and implementing processes to fit and then when you’re totally committed, the price goes up… and up etc. Loyalty to long time users, paid users in particular, should be paramount and it would be come back ten fold. I was promoting this product to clients whenever the opportunity arose, I will re-think that now, although I still love using Asana. Just feeling a little jaded.

4 Likes

Had the nice free plan. Recently decided to start paying for premium features and was excited to see the email on portfolios. oops, wait a sec… bait and switch and now I have buyer’s regret. Asana, I already view your app/service as a necessary evil – reinforcing that view was not in your best interest.

2 Likes

I believe everything is already said here, so just one more count to disappointed customer base :frowning:

New business license at x2 cost may provide value for money (although sincerely doubt that) and I would stay it open as it is Asana business. What I don’t see as a good business practice that they do so by removing features of existing premium customers.

Result in our case, downgrading from 15 to 10 licences and thinking about switching to another platform.

I hope that the voice of community will be somehow heard :expressionless:

10 Likes

I’m just really disappointed Asana. It’s like young love… you love something, you tell everyone about it, there is lots of love. Then one day that thing you love cheats on you. You’re angry, but you don’t immediately end things because you need that thing for a little while longer, for whatever unhealthy reason.

7 Likes

@Cody, This is kind of a “poor man’s” (person’s) Portfolio! Perhaps it qualifies as an alternative for you:

Larry Berger
Asana2Go & Asana Certified Pro consultant at Trilogi

Agreed 100%. I was skeptical but hopeful when Asana announced that they were deprecating Dashboards but announcing something to replace them. However, I’m quite frustrated and disappointed that to use the new feature we have to upgrade to the next level. I understand you have to have enticements towards your higher plans (I mean, I guess you have to), but as a small business, I can’t see paying for something we used to have. It feels deceptive and dishonest.

Just incredibly bummed, Asana.

3 Likes