Introducing Portfolios: The mission control center for everything you need to track in your business

Right, this is exactly my feeling. Thanks.

3 Likes

100%. This is exactly how I feel too. Very disappointing to see what are very basic project management features suddenly become “special” and you have to keep shelling money out, AND then they rub it in your face every where you move on the platform with the “UPGRADE” buttons.

18 Likes

I had the same thoughts Micha, this new “feature” (a re-hash of what was already available) is hardly worth $10/person/month. I really hope that (as Christian also mentioned) Asana don’t go down Evernote’s route and make the subscription cost more than the product value (although looks like it’s already started…).

14 Likes

Hi @Christian_Hammond,

Thanks for taking the time to write all this out and give us your feedback on this launch. I’m glad to see that you’re excited about Portfolios, and we are too! That said, I’m sorry about the frustration in the change in our feature set as well as seeing the upgrade prompt in your Asana account. I’ll pass this feedback on to our team as they continue to work on Portfolios to make sure they take it under consideration.

I also appreciate you bringing up your concerns about how Asana will continue to develop features moving forward. I know that’s can be really concerning when a company changes its feature set and updates its pricing options. However, I do want to assure you that we do not have plans to systematically change our features, take them away, or shift their packaging.

We are so appreciative of all of our users, and have a product roadmap focused on developing and improving functionality for users across our Free, Premium, Business and Enterprise offerings. We have plans in the works to improve our new Homepage, add functionality to Timeline, and more and will share those updates as soon as they’re ready.

I know a fair amount of users on this thread are frustrated about this change or concerned about the increase in price for our Business tier. We’d love to have you reach out to us
through Support so we can figure out a solution for your team.

Hope this helps!

5 Likes

We’re also small companies, located in South East Asia, and our currency conversion to USD are just killing us. Premium plan is already so heavy on our overhead cost (we currently have 20+ members). With the business plan pricing, we simply can’t afford at the moment.

10 Likes

MAYBE everyone should just chill out and realize the Business Tier is NOT just paying more $10/month more for Portfolio. . . there will be plenty more features that make the 10 bucks totally worth it!!! Especially the OKR feature. THAT to me is the real selling point for Business Tier. The portfolio is cool but really it’s about the OKR functionality. That’s what will make Asana dominate everyone else! :slight_smile:

#OKRsForLife
#LongLiveAsana
#LoveIt
#OKRsAllDayEveryday

4 Likes

Thanks, but no thanks.

I don’t want to chat about upselling and paying even more for our 50+ members, and even less we constantly want that “Upgrade”-button displayed on the top right.

Asana decides to establish a new paying model? Fine, your tool, your choice - even though I would be keen to know where your customers actually asked for a new version with higher pricing. The example you are setting with restricting the updated dashboard feature to the new pricing tier is worryingly.

There are so many elementary feedback requests in this community (Push notifications at due time, better user permissions, etc.) I hope will a) finally see the light in Asana someday and b) won’t be limited to higher priced versions.

Quite frankly, the amount we are paying you for 50+ premium users should validate for a more premium treatment featurewise - now it kind of feels like we are using some sort of dumbed down trial version.

26 Likes

I would also like to add my voice to this. It’s incredibly underhanded to deprecate a feature and replace with a similar feature and then charge DOUBLE for access to it. Very unhappy with this development.

At the very least let us keep the old Dashboards!

23 Likes

Same problem here in South Africa.

5 Likes

I’m sorry to say that these changes mean the wrong philosophy. The tab, the double price, the “apologies” in this community from Asana staff , … . Time to start looking for other alternatives

11 Likes

(post withdrawn by author, will be automatically deleted in 24 hours unless flagged)

21 Likes

I’m not sure presenting your customer with a fait accompli like this is a great way of generating loyalty or happiness in the product that is Asana.

You’ve set a precedent now where it is not going to be possible to trust any further “improvements” as being beneficial for the customer. My personal and immediate reaction to any new features is now going to be shroud in an effervescent fiz of repulsive emotions, and all because of Asana’s own actions in value communication to me, their customer.

Like a colleague and I just discussed, you’ve essentially sold a fully functional car to us, yet now you’ve decided to remove the speedometer and charge us double the amount for the “privilege” of having it returned to the vehicle.

If perceived value and quality is derived by a person’s actions, ask yourself, would you be mates with Asana? Probably not.

28 Likes

Adding my voice to the frustrations already raised here - the Dashboard feature was one of the strengths of the Asana offering, and to deprecate it only to replace it with an almost identical functionality only available at a higher pricing tier strikes me as incredibly dishonest.

I think we’ll be re-evaluating our use of Asana and what it offers for what we currently pay as compared to other providers, especially if we’re going to be railroaded into paying more for the same feature set we’ve got used to.

The “solution for our team” is simple: give us access to the Portfolios feature for 0 additional cost - it’s functionality that was sold as included in the price when we first signed up.

19 Likes

Yet another software developer that decides to penalise the smaller organisation (or non-profits as has been said) without the financial resources to keep spending more and more. No reward for loyalty to the brand (whether big or small organisation)or for all the help and feedback for improving features - this happens so often. I can see this going the same way as so many other products - you’ll keep adding stuff now, there’ll be some great features but only the Business or Enterprise plans will benefit - Disappointed in you Asana - but not a big enough client for you to really care :frowning:

13 Likes

This is 100% correct, having your post hidden is dishonest. Sorry man.

5 Likes

I bet this wasn’t hidden by the community. That makes no sense at all. My ears are picked up now. Surely this raises a flag for anyone who has been following this thread?

4 Likes

Agreed!

An upgrade offering the new Portfolio functionality would be reasonable and honestly something expected.

But removing already paid for functionality and forcing payment to gain access to the replacement is a low blow.

8 Likes

How Dare You!

It’s obvious by the reaction from the community on this thread that you successfully angered ALL premium clients and discouraged anyone who was thinking of upgrading to find another platform.

Essentially what you have done is removed a tool which compromised the core function of a Premium account and replaced it with nothing of similar value.

stares at screen with a bitter taste

13 Likes

Link to the ASANA Facebook Post for those interested.

2 Likes

I must say, as an employee of a company who uses Asana thoroughly, I am immensely disappointed with these new updates. Dashboards is a fundamental aspect of our business, and it doesn’t seem logical to pay DOUBLE the amount just to use a feature that we have been using this whole time. This was a poor decision.

12 Likes