Introducing Percentage & Currency Custom Fields + Averages for numeric custom fields!

Happy Monday everyone :wave:t3:

I’m excited to announce that we’re introducing two new types of custom fields in Asana: percentage and currencies ($ USD, € EUR, ¥ JPY, £ GBP, $ CAN, $ AUS). You can learn more about these new fields in this guide article.

With this update, we’re also adding the capacity to calculate averages in columns of your List view, so you can decide if you’d like to see summation or averages for your columns! More details and screenshots also available in this guide article.

Both these updates are now available to 100% of our customers, so if you haven’t yet, you can test them in your own account! And of course, if you have any questions or feedback, please let us know in the comments below!

We hope that you enjoy this new update and we look forward to hearing from you :slight_smile:

10 Likes

ovYwO43U_400x400

3 Likes

Hi @Marie
Just noticed today that it automatically made the never field to have coomas for the thousand breaks. For number types that aren’t currency eg telephone number or business number this is not needed. Anyway to ensure that formatting is not used?

Jason

So just found an already existing feedback post on this…

So have added my vote to that.

Why wouldn’t you just use the text field instead? This would give you flexibility to use both parentheses and hyphens in your telephone listing.

I would like to see an easy way to convert existing text fields to percentages and currency, where they meet the requirements. It is going to be a hassle to change those manually as many are shared across my organization. Does a post already exist for this request?

Thanks @LEGGO for the suggestion. Problem will be the conversion across as you can’t change the type. But yes going forward I will probably use text fields in this situation.

Jason.

2 Likes

@Jason_Woods do you know if a #productfeedback request exists for the ability to convert with ease. I see that being a huge issue for users that have comprehensive systems built out!

@LEGGO I am sure there is. Just can’t find it on the mobile… Will have a better look on the PC and post you a link…

Jason

1 Like

A post was split to a new topic: Custom numeric field with Time format hh:mm