Introducing our new Spreadsheet-Inspired List View!

Please :pray: offer an option to Opt Out of this view - aside from cutting off tags - it’s cumbersome. Our design team is very unhappy with this change - it is not helpful to our work flow. :sob:

17 Likes

I hate the new view SO MUCH. I opted to try the beta without realizing I’d be stuck. Is there any way I can turn it off?

17 Likes

@Britina_Lamas I’m sorry to hear you’re struggling with the new view. Tags are still available and can easily be enabled within the “Field menu” (See screenshot below, you can also refer to this guide article)

We currently don’t offer an option to opt-out of new updates; the main reason behind this is that maintaining multiple version of Asana is technically very difficult and would most likely impact performances and slow our ability to develop Asana. We are aware this is a significant update, and we understand some users might find it difficult, so please don’t hesitate to ask questions in #tipsandtricks, we’ll be more than happy to help and advise you. We’re also closely monitoring feedback and I’m reporting on a daily basis to our product team, so I would highly recommend you to let us know in the #productfeedback category what doesn’t work for you and what you miss from the previous view. We’re already working on actioning feedback we’ve received over the last few weeks, and we’re planning more iterations, so your feedback is extremely important.

I hope this helps Britina, have a great day!

2 Likes

2 posts were split to a new topic: Improve tag display in the new List view

3 posts were split to a new topic: Field Option Missing

A post was split to a new topic: Subtask counter includes Sections

yes! Pleeeeeeease! Let me switch the feature off.

7 Likes

Hi,

I need to show projects in all my asana projects. Can I change the default so that is always on?

Or is this another of your upgrades which I like less than the way it was before (ex section colons).

Thanks
blake

1 Like

As I’ve reported here, Fields option is missing from the new project toolbar - #2 by Natalia, this feature is no longer working correctly. @Natalia and @Marie, have you had a chance to talk about this? It really affects the usefulness of the new List View.

Oh, it looks from @Britina_Lamas’s other post in #productfeedback like the Fields menu is working for other users than us. Huh.

@Marie, I’m not seeing this feature yet… how do we access it?

@Marie, and while we’re at it, can you help me access the feature that enables you to switch between Board and List view as well? These are features my team has been asking for!

This is honestly an awful update. I really appreciated the clean layout that we had previously and if I had to add fields, it did so in a beautiful, and minimal way where I could see all my pertinent information on one screen. An overview of payments or tasks that needed to be done and when.

Also section headers were clearly defined before and now they are not, they almost look like just another task.

Please revert to the old one this new update is disrupting my workflow and really unhappy with the way it looks. As a designer and organized person, the number one thing i hate most is something looking like clutter. If I want clutter, I can use an excel sheet.

19 Likes

i feel the same way

1 Like

ya, these updates have made Asana super clunky and more time consuming

7 Likes

My paid account isn’t showing up yet on my account. The free version is showing. Any word on the update?

On an forum note, why does everyone comment every time a new feature is added, everyone hates it? It takes 21 days to learn a new feature and get use to it. There could be a reason why the UI is being adopted, for a bigger strategy plan. Just noticing this every time I come in this forum. I don’t mind change, in fact I’m a geek when it comes to new features, As long as it makes sense I’m good.

@Katriel_Friedman, I’ve replied to you on the relevant thread ( Fields option is missing from the new project toolbar )

@olson.dan The new view is currently available to 50% of our users, and we’re hoping to make it available to everyone over the next couple of days, so you should have access to it soon!

@Adrienne_McCue, we’re rolling out updates per domain (and not per user account);, this explains why you might have access to the new view in one space and not in the other. We’re hoping to roll out the new List view to all our customers over the next couple of days, so it should soon be available across all your spaces!

2 Likes

This is the first time I’ve actually written on this community and it’s simply because of how frustrated I am at this new update. One of the key reasons for us using Asana over one of the many other project management tools (trust me, I’ve tried almost all of them!!) was the simplicity of it’s interface.

Having previously used a tool that was primarily set up to look almost speadsheet like, and making an active choice to move away from this ‘old’ style of formatting, it’s so disappointing to see Asana now introducing this. I don’t see where the requirements have been to make this radical change?

The interface, with all the fields we need to be shown, now no longer fits on a screen without scrolling right. This is incredibly frustrating when screen sharing or presenting a meeting.

It now feels much more clunky to quickly update a field, which we use a lot, and to move things about in their categories, which we also use a lot. All of the fields are hard to see. I see that this update is supposed to make tasks easier to look at, but I would argue that it is now the exact opposite.

Sadly, to say i’m disappointed is a huge understatement. I can only hope that changes are made soon to rectify how messy this now is.

27 Likes

I recently updated to the “new” asana look/layout and would like to revert back to the old look.

Reasoning; I need to see the “tags” on all tasks at once.

Any help would be appreciated.

Bests,

VF

8 Likes

Figured it out in the custom fields tab!!! Thank you.

1 Like