Introducing our new Spreadsheet-Inspired List View!

I might be in the minority but I find the new list view easier to read and work with, but why wouldn’t ASANA give people the option of the two views?

Please, please enhance the personal list view! My team works on many different projects at one time and we are rarely, if ever, in the project itself. We work entirely off our individual lists which means we don’t have to try to find a task in a project to work on it. Custom tags, board view, this new spreadsheet layout, really needs to be added to the individual work list. Please!

5 Likes

Thanks for your feedback @Jeanine_Scott! This is something we’re currently looking into, I’ll be in touch when I have more info and a timeline to share!

2 Likes

I like this. :smiling_face:

Powered by
Like for Outlook App

1 Like

In the new view, is there any way to add in fields that automatically list a task’s Completion Date, Creation Date, etc.?

Hi @Zachary_Goldman,

This info is available in your task activity feed. As it stands, custom field can’t automatically be generated with activity feed data, you would need to do it manually. Feel free to create a new #productfeedback thread to let us know why this would be useful to your team and what you’d ideally this feature to look like. Other community members will also be able to vote on this thread!

@Zachary_Goldman, While you can’t do this in Asana itself, you can show any/all of the five date-related fields including the ones you mention, and do filters and multi-column sorts with the Asana2Go extension as described in Responsive list view, multi-column sorts, hide/show 21 columns, filter-as-you-type, and more: Asana2Go Interactive Tables ✨

Larry

1 Like

I am really missing the ability to have sections, multi-homed in multiple projects, especially when I am trying to move mass content into one project to cleanup my project list.

Also, I would love to see the new spreadsheet view applied to search results (aka reports) or the possibility to group content by different fields in save reports.

1 Like

Hi @Ufuoma_Ogaga and thanks for sharing your feedback with us!

I’d recommend creating a new #productfeedback thread for each of these feedback, so other community members can support your idea :slight_smile:

What’s the shortcut for opening the “Details” tab on the right when editing the title or adding a new task in the new view? I think I saw some discussion of this before but I can’t find it now.

@Katriel_Friedman, Shortcuts are shown in the popup you reach from the question mark icon in the Asana header, right side; choose Keyboard Shortcuts. Tab+Enter opens the detail pane.

Larry

2 Likes

Hi!! Is there a way to reduce the row size? I like the spreadsheet-inspired look but I still have to scroll down a lot to go through the tasks. If rows had less white space in within each other (white/text proportion like in a spreadsheed) that would allow me so see more tasks in the same screen without reducing the font size,. Is there a way to do this now or will you be working on this kind of update?

Thanks
Lara

Hi @Lara_Avila and welcome to the forum!

Do you have “compact mode” set? If not, go to your Profile Settings, and on the Display tab, you’ll see “Enable compact mode”, which will do basically what you’re asking for!

3 Likes

Thanks, like others this is what I was looking for.

1 Like

and it toggles with Tab + Enter as well!

1 Like

I REALLY love the new icons for subtasks and comments - really helpful!

Can you please add them to mobile devices (iPhone and Android)?

1 Like

Please add the list view to my task list.

1 Like

When will this view be available for the ‘My Tasks’ area?

It is currently frustrating to not be able to see this level of detail on the My Tasks view for daily planning. Please advise.

3 Likes

This is something we’re looking into for a future update. If you haven’t yet, I’d recommend casting your vote on Spreadsheet layout for My Tasks! I’ll make sure to keep you posted as soon as I have an update!

1 Like

Ha I realise I started that other thread 6 months ago and it still hasn’t been fixed…! Please can this be promoted to an update soon?

Hi - It’s been 10 months now, hundreds of negative comments and still no update on whether we can roll back to “classic” clean view. Please stop breaking things that didn’t need to be fixed! I miss the old view every day. Is there a date set when the team will offer a roll back option? Thank you :slight_smile: