I do not know if this is a bug or a feature but today I found that converting a task to a sub-task have two different behaviors depending on where you do the conversion.
Behavior 1: Losing the Project
- Open a project in list view With Task 1 and Task 2 and then open “Task 1”
Under “Advance Actions” use the “Make a sub-task of” function and make Task 1 a sub-task of Task 2.
- Now the task becomes a sub-task of task 2 but loses the project connection on the sub-task level (It will keep any other Project association with other projects) It will also keep the assignee
Behavior 2: Losing the Assignee
- Assign Task 1 and Task 2 to yourself
- Open “My Tasks” and select Task 1
- Now do the same and add Task 1 as a sub-task to Task 2
- The result now is that the task loses the assignee but keeps all the project links.
I wonder how other scenarios would change the behavior.