Increased Forms generated task title flexibility

Currently the title functionality for Forms generated tasks is very limited:
asana-forms-title
We use the Forms feature to collect feedback from customers and we would really like to see more options for naming the tasks.
Right now the only options are:

• The form title, which means that all tasks will have the same title
  • A field, but in our case no fields match what we would like so we would have to force users to create a title for their own task which is inconsistent and slows down their feedback process.

Some options we would like to have include:

• A random or increasing ID
  • Date and time
  • Appending a field or any of the above options to the form title e.g. when the form title is “feedback” and the user’s name is “Lorem” it will create a task with title “feedback - Lorem” or similar with ID and date

Preferably this would use a text field with placeholders, for example we could fill in the following under a task title option:
“New form {form_title} by {field:name} on {date}”

Hi @Rogier_Stegeman and welcome to the Forum!:wave:

Thank you so much for taking time to share your feedback with us! Forms are pretty new in Asana and your feedback are very important for us to keep improving this feature. While I can’t promise if or when this will be implemented, I’ll make sure to keep you posted as soon as I have an update on my end!

Have a great Wednesday! :grinning:

I am here due to the issue with form titles too… I just dont get it to be honest. I can either:

1. Use the form name - but thats pointless as it means all tasks have the same name

2. Link it to the Name field - but this asks for the users name in the field though. I can add a description to say please enter the TASK name but its confusing, open to error and unprofessional

3. Link it to a custom field - but there are no custom fields for title, so I would have to create a new custom field called Title which will just repeat the title

So its a bit weird and not very good. I would expect a field for task name

Thanks