Increase limit of 20 rules per project

Has there been any consideration to increasing the current limit of 20 rules per project?

5 Likes

Not at the moment @Sammye_Klein, but Iā€™ll keep you posted here once we do!

3 Likes

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: Global Rules would rule!

I would love for your team to consider this. This is a reason for me to seriously consider your competitor. I love asana, but automating redundant work is crucial to efficiency in our team.

9 Likes

Just got hit with this and not gonna lie, super disappointed hereā€¦

Having some SUPER BASIC rules set, (e.g. move to section updates task ā€œstatusā€ field to the section, and vice-versa + marking task as complete updating the status to complete and vice-versa). Just with that alone, I already use up 12 rules, so now Iā€™m left with only 8 rules to do anything of meaning.

I had no idea there was a rule limit and whatā€™s more, even ā€œpausedā€ rules count toward the number of rules you can have set, so say we spend a ton of time building a robust rule, we have to delete it in order to free up a rule.

Super sad to see this especially being on the highest tier of Asana, not to mention thereā€™s more features to come to Asana with integrations with Rules, and now we are just being told to essentially not use them much anymore with this limit in place. It feels like one step forward into a brick wall :frowning:

10 Likes

Completely agree to everyone above. For larger companies, thereā€™s no way to usefully use the rules to assign tasks to various teams when thereā€™s a limit of 20 rules. It would be nice if there were unlimited rules, or 100-200 rule limits at least. Especially when youā€™re paying for the most premium version of asana.

6 Likes

Iā€™m in agreement here. An update to allow unlimited rules would add significant time savings and prevent human error for my company. This is the most critical update I think Iā€™ve ever needed within my 2+ years of using Asana. lolā€¦ at least it feels that way right now!

3 Likes

This is likely the biggest feature request for me. There is so much potential here Iā€™m not sure why there is a 20 rule limit.

1 Like

Totally agree with all the comments above. I work at a company with more than 700 active Asana users, and a lot of people are facing this problem. We work with multiple teams in the same project and believe me, we need more than 20 rules (35 would be a good start improvement).
Pleaassseeeeee

This limitation of 20 rules is the major turn off

all these requestedā€¦Asana ghosting us?

This is a major problem for what we are looking for. Besides rules and setting dependencies, are there any other ways to set automations we need to have per project? Help!!

Hi @anon34700726,

FYI our Flowsana integration also has an If-Then rules capability (and is not limited to 20 per project) - you might want to check that out - you could use it in place of or in conjunction with Asana rules (just be careful that you donā€™t overlap/duplicate any functionality if you use both).

Increasing rules count helps in automating the processes and routing the tasks.

Wham! Just ran head first into this today. Please update this limit to 100 or 200 or even user configurable.

1 Like

This is quite infuriating. Spent days trying to setup/reconfigure workflows and at each corner have run into ā€˜limitationsā€™. What makes it worse, is that there is no indication of the limitations before youā€™ve reached them so all that time spent thinking and planning out workflows becomes wasted. Iā€™m sure itā€™s in the documentation buried somewhere, but itā€™s definitely not in the marketing. Such a cool product because itā€™s flexible, but a total fail with limitations like these (and tag limits, drop down limits etc.).

Please consider doing your customers a favor and at the very least make a note of the limits before the customer runs into them.

4 Likes

Agreed!! This has become a huge issue for our team when trying to create workflows. The limit is super limiting and we are not able to get into the weeds as far as we need to. Ugh!!

1 Like

@anon27171239 I discovered ā€˜Flowsanaā€™ which has no such imposed limits according to the dev and is cheap enough, but would be nice to do this directly in Asana.

2 Likes

@Marie Hi, could we have an update on this issue? Iā€™m running up against this now with my agency, and itā€™s a nuisance after onboarding the entire team with the expectation that much of the work could be automated so they donā€™t have to do ā€œwork about the workā€

4 Likes

20 is incredibly limiting. Additionally, how Asana manages rules is very clunky still. Itā€™s hard to review all of the rules in place from the small customise menu.

1 Like