Include Section Headers in notifications as an option

We’re using Section headers to distinguish small repetitive projects which have the same set of tasks. When I get a notification from Asana, it gives me the task name but not the Section header so I don’t know which of our projects the notification refers to. It would be great to be able to customize notifications to include the relevant section header.

Welcome to the Forum @anon93215646 and thank you for sharing your feedback with us! Just to be sure, can you confirm if you are referring to Inbox notifications or email notifications?

Friendly reminder to cast your vote by clicking on the vote button next to the title :slight_smile:

Thank you Richard!

We’re using Section headers to distinguish small repetitive projects which have the same set of tasks. When I get a notification from Asana, it gives me the task name but not the Section header so I don’t know which of our projects the notification refers to. It would be great to be able to customize notifications to include the relevant section header. Is this possible? Our team is just adopting Asana and this would be extremely helpful for keeping everything organized. thanks!

Welcome to the Asana Community Forum @myles_tornow!

I have found an existing feedback request thread for this topic so I merged your post.

Don‘t forget to upvote at the top of the thread.

And here is another feedback request thread regarding the daily summary email.

Hi @Andrea_Mayer I viewed that thread but it looks like it does not have feedback on how to add this feature. is the feature available? Our team would like to see section names when receiving email notifications. thanks!

Hello @myles_tornow, correct this feature is not available yet.
It is a product feedback request for people to upvote.
Asana is always monitoring the forum and how many likes and views such feedback request threads have.
And they also have a lot of other factors they look into when deciding what features to launch and when.

Hi @Andrea_Mayer appreciate the quick feedback and information. I am new to Asana’s platform and forum so this is great to know for the future.

1 Like