Include comments in export

Yes, add this please! It’s really important!

3 Likes

We are using Asana to help launch a new charter school (publically funded). We need to be able to export comments in order to comply with public information requests. Although we don’t anticipate those happening often, it is still a feature that we need to be fully in compliance.

3 Likes

This feature is really lacking at the moment. We use comments to record decisions and they are lost when exporting to csv. Due to privacy reasons we cannot use an external tool for this task.

2 Likes

This would be incredibly helpful. Our team is doing updates in the comment section to each other and it is a redundancy to ask them to also put that info in the description field so it can be shown in our weekly reports.

1 Like

Hi does anyone know if Asana are going to include comments in the export of projects? Ideally just the latest comment

2 Likes

Is it possible to view complete tasks with the comments? We use the comment section to document important information, but can’t seem to see our data for the completed tasks and comments together

1 Like

Hi @Emily_Egolf and welcome to the Forum :wave:t3:

This does sound strange :thinking: As long as you don’t manually delete comments, they should always show up in your task, even when you mark the task complete! Is the data missing when you open the completed tasks details? Is there any chance you could share a screenshot of what you see? (Please make sure to hide any private data such as email addresses or full names from your screenshot).

Looking forward to your reply!

1 Like

Hello Marie!

Thanks so much for replying so quickly. I should clarify my question…
My question is about the reporting feature. I would love to be able to export each task to include notes AND comments, but the only way to export is to print to pdf (but this doesn’t include comments). Is there a way to fix this? Thanks again for your help!

1 Like

Got it @Emily_Egolf! Since your question is slightly different than the topic of this thread, I’ve moved your post to †he correct thread; hope that’s ok! Have a look at the answers above and in particular this one which could be a great a solution for you!

Hope this helps! :slight_smile:

1 Like

+1 for this feature. We need the ability to include comments in the exported csv for permanent record. Thanks!

1 Like

I fully agree - especially since in some teams comments can be pile up and become quite extensive even though it shouldn’t.
Being able to export it as well, without having to rely on a third party paid feature would be brilliant.

Is there any news on this?

2 Likes

Agreed! this seems like a simple thing to add to asana export. Is there any news @Marie ?

1 Like

Not at the moment @gf11 but I’ll keep you posted on this thread as soon as I have an update!

3 Likes

+1 on this! The timestamps associated with comments makes it the obvious location to add info/communication updates tasks(i.e. “e-mailed contact, waiting on reply”), but then those are lost when exporting project status sheets for folks outside of Asana.

1 Like

Agree that this feature would be helpful. We are working on creating a business process map for data acquisition projects at our University. We have several use cases that are documented as tasks in Asana and we want to be able to export the task, subtask, and all information in the comments threads including the updates that Asana generates (e.g. when due dates are changed, when someone is assigned). Dates of the comments and who made the comment would also be necessary. Beyond export into Excel I’m wondering if anyone is looking at the Asana data in this way though and API or other way?

1 Like

I did this but it seems that i cannot get comments on completed tasks or completed tasks to even integrate with the tool. How can I fix this? I am not able to uncomplete and then completed just to have it imported correctly with comments

1 Like

On top-right of the grid view, you have a drop down to include the completed tasks. When selected, you can then export the tasks to Excel. On the Export Popup, make sure you select the option “Separate sheets for comments and attachments”. I suggest you contact them by email at support@bridge24.com for questions like that.

1 Like

my completed subtask is not importing to Bridge 24 so no matter how i run it, i am unable to export the task and comments

1 Like

actually, all subtasks are not importing to Bridge 24, completed or incompleted

1 Like

Cassandra. To view completed tasks/subtasks, be sure to create a Personal filter from the left panel with the option Completed set to “both”. By default, only incomplete items are retrieved/displayed.

Also, Subtasks will only display in the Grid as a task if the subtask is associated to a project in Asana (which they are not required to be). Subtasks will display in the Subtask column of any parent task if made visible. If you have any issues, please reach out to us at support@bridge24.com

1 Like