saw a lot of good suggestions about the inbox (like sorting/chunking features etc). I am new to this and not sure how to improve the inbox, but I can state the inbox is the most frustrating, yet most important feature for our group to know what’s new. the problem is manyfold:
- don’t really know how many “new” entries are there from the last time one checked, did I see this already?
- lots of scrolling going on. the worst is if someone copy/pastes an entire email thread…
- doesn’t collapse anything. lots and lots of scrolling… harder on a phone than web.
- doesn’t display your own comments
- screenestate is insufficiently being used.
maybe the inbox should simply show the task that has a new entry with the “dot” next to it that it’s new (sort of an unread email, maybe with two lines of the new post like a preview), if you want to see the new post, you have to click/tab on it.