In My Tasks cursor jumps to other dates when attempting to change date of task

Briefly describe (1-2 sentences) the Bug you’re experiencing:
When I attempt to change the date on a task in My Tasks, the cursor jumps down about a page (see video)

Steps to reproduce:
go to My Tasks, edit date of task, attempt to edit date of another task and it jumps

Browser version: Google Chrome is up to date
Version 89.0.4389.90 (Official Build) (64-bit)

Upload screenshots below: Loom | Free Screen & Video Recording Software | Loom

2 Likes

Hi @Linda_Shively, thanks for reaching out and reporting this! I believe this is happening because you are sorting your My Tasks list by Due Date. I’ve gone ahead and escalated this to our product team so we can investigate further. I’ll let you know once we have an update.

2 Likes

This is happening to me as well and it’s rather disruptive. However anyone sorts in order to prioritize work, you shouldn’t have the list jumping around when you change a value.

1 Like

This is happening to me as well. It used to work just fine. But now a problem and hugely frustrating.

1 Like

Me too, super frustrating!

Is there an update on this bug? This is still happening to me, too.

Yes, happens to me too, very annoying. Any update, @Emily_Roman ?

Here we are in May of 2022 and this issue is still happening! Like the others, it wasn’t happening when I first started using Asana. I still love Asana, but this is REALLY annoying! Surely there’s something the amazing people behind Asana can do to correct this!

Clearly lots of us love the ability to sort by due date, but often need to move tasks to another due date. It would be nice to be able to do that without playing chase the due date box!

Any news, anyone?

I have the same problem. Is there a solution?

Still happening, still maddening. Any news on this, @Emily_Roman ?

Hi everyone, sorry for the delay! I’ve reached out to our Developers to check if there’s any update to share and will get back to you once I hear back.

1 Like

September 2023, issue still happening.
This is not even due to sorting by ‘‘due task’’ as clicking on the due date value DIRECTLY jumps pages bellow like you scroll down all the way down randomly, you don’t even have the chance to change the value, you have to scroll back up there and change the value. It makes no sense and explanation regularly brought by @Emily_Roman is clearly missing what the real problem is, considering it was always the same provided answer as the problem was reported multiple times.

I’m paying such a high price for the subscription, I can’t believe we’re sitting for 2+ years on such enraging issue.

This is happening to me. I dont even get to change the date. I just click on it and it jumps. Does Asana even read these boards?

Did they ever reply. This is a 2.5 year old issue. Super frustration. Would be nice for Asana to reply that they know this and will fix it.

Hi @Ken_Seiff, sorry for the inconvenience. I can confirm that our team is aware of this issue, but unfortunately we are not able to share an ETA just yet. If anything changes we will be sure to post updates immediately.