Improve rich text tool bar accessibility in task descriptions and conversations

I completely love this new spreadsheet-inspired list view - so much easier to see what I’m doing - thank you!

Could I add a suggestion…

When you open a Task and write a Description, the font bar remains at the bottom of the Description box. It’s difficult to format the text in the box if you’re adding a long description. You have to scroll all the way to the bottom to make the first line bold, for example.

Perhaps the tool bar should move along the side of the Description box the same way the scroll bar does.

Hi @Jade_Cowans and thank you so much for taking the time to share your feedback with us, we really appreciate it. I’ve moved your post to a brand new #productfeedback thread as it didn’t directly had to do with the thread you initially commented on; hope that’s ok!

I’ll make sure to keep you posted as soon as I have more info on this topic! Have a great day!

2 Likes

The formatting aspects[Bold, Italic, Bullet etc] in the description window of the task box are at the bottom. If the description is really large, then one has to keep scrolling to the bottom frequently to select a particular formatting feature.

In fact, this window is a good example, where such aspects can be fixed to the top of the page. And shouldn’t disappear even when the description is too long. [ Something like Freeze view in spreadsheets]

Hi @Nandini and thanks for sharing your feedback with us. We already have a thread on this topic, so I’ve gone ahead and merged your post with this existing thread to consolidate feedback on this topic :slight_smile:

Jade, thanks for starting this topic. I was just about to start one until I saw yours. I totally with you. Having to scroll up and down on to select the different editing options is a pain. I think overall the Task Description needs to be more of a flexible content area, not just a basic text field.

My team tends to put all notes in a Google Doc because they have more formatting freedom with that tool and than attach the file to the task. The problem with that we start having our project information all over the place. I would prefer to keep all notes and documents within Asana if possible.

I have some ideas that I think could help with this:

1. Display the editor toolset when highlighting text. Similar to the attached screenshot.
  2. Add the ability to add heading size within the editor
  3. It would be great to add a code/markup embedded within the editor (Take a look at Notion.so they do an amazing job with their content editing tools in general.

Sometimes I write a long Conversations post and want to format it later on (after writing, before posting). It’s annoying to scroll up to the text I want to format, and then scroll down to the rich text editor bar at the bottom of the screen. Could we have the rich text options appear when you highlight the text? Or pin the rich text options to the browser so they are always present no matter how long your text is?