Importing to an existing project

I’m trying to semi-automate the creation of my weekly podcast tasks. Since duplicating tasks can be done for one task at a time, but exploring the import function. I see you can import via csv to a new project. How can I import csv to existing project with a new section? Any advice would be appreciated!

Welcome to the Forum @Oie_Dobier :wave:t5: and thank you for reaching out!

I would recommend you to have a look at the following guide article that explains how to map the information to import it to a new project: CSV Importer.

I hope this helps Oie but please let me know if you need further assistance! Have a great Friday!

Thanks @Natalia! I already read that article. It only shows me how to import into a NEW project. What about importing into an existing project?

Thank you for the follow-up @Oie_Dobier!

Please see the steps to import a csv into an existing project in the following attachment:

You can find more information in the following link: Asana CSV Importer • Asana Product Guide (scroll down to Import spreadsheet from the dropdown menu in an existing project)

I hope this helps! :slight_smile:

Hi, I was following steps from your article about importing a CSV file but I have a few problems:

• I set my columns in this order

but I wanted to add subtasks to an already existing task. I couldn’t.

I also had problems with sections. I used the exact names of the sections from my Asana project but it still created new sections with the same name on the bottom of my list.

• I also created a column with email addresses named “Assignee” but during the import, it couldn’t be recognized as email addresses. I don’t know why.

• Also, I wanted to add them to the project (as subtasks need to be added to project by hand) but I can’t find a way how to do this correctly. Could you help me?