Ideas/Feedback to display subtasks

Perfect.

This feature needs to be done. We are about to hit the 3-year marker since this was requested and it’s a popular feature request.

2 Likes

Good morning! I’m curious if it would be possible to have an option to show subtasks in the overall list view of the project rather than within the task they’re associated with. I find that sometimes subtasks get missed unless I put something along the lines of “Stakeholder Meeting - See Subtasks” in the task title. I understand that some projects will get crazy long if all subtasks are shown in the list view, but having the option to turn this on/off would ensure that subtasks don’t get overlooked/lost. Much the same how you can indent bullet points, my visual mind would find this very beneficial!Capture

Hi :wave:
I think this is an existing request, I’ll let the moderation team move your request to the appropriate thread!

2 Likes

Hi @Ellen_Kirkness and welcome to the forum :wave:

AS @Bastien_Siebman mentioned, there is already a thread on the forum about this topic so I am merging your request if that is OK with you. Please, don’t forget to upvote the other thread!

Have a nice Wednesday!

1 Like

Awesome, thanks so much for helping this newb out!

2 Likes

I’ll echo this request to display sub-tasks together with tasks. I’m surprised that such a simple feature would have taken this long to even enter the discussion phase… The initial post was more than 2 years ago…

7 Likes

based on all the feedback, people want subtasks in the main task view. Please invest development dollars in this and skip the tabby cats and unicorns. As a grown adult I would rather have a functioning program then childish add-ons like “extra-delight”.

11 Likes

+1 million for this.
Having to open tasks to check for subtasks, completed or otherwise would make a massive improvement to workflow and visibility.

2 Likes

Why is nothing happening for adressing this issue. It feels like a billion people have said a billion times that this is an important feature and nothing at all happens. As even instagannt is able to implement this feature using asanas project data, I cant’t imagine there are major technical issues to overcome for the developers. While tons of new premium features are implementet (for a price), this elementary feature is still lacking. What’s going on, Team Asana?

2 Likes

Yeah…that’s where I came from Todoist and Wunderlist so I automatically look for that. lol

1 Like

Wow. Looks like this has been requested for a while. How does Asana weigh on customer requests ? Just curious if its like Wunderlist where its much based on the number of requests the enhancement is given

1 Like

Hi there, any news on that?

Can we know if at least is something that is beeing considered into the roadmap?

Thanks!

1 Like

Hi @Natalia! Do you have any updates for us regarding this feature? Between this request and this one regarding showing subtasks in timeline it’s clear that many users want to be able to use subtasks more and have better visuals on it!

Hi @Chan :wave:

In case you have missed it, we have recently implemented as a part of the New List View, the subtask indicator in Asana :smiley:

Now, you are able to see the number of subtasks within a task—without having to click on it —from List, Board, Calendar, Workload, or Timeline View. You can find out more about it in here: Have you checked our last last blog article? If not, hurry up, it includes a cool little surprise! 🎁

While I don’t have any information to share regarding this functionality on mobile, I’ll make sure to keep you posted as soon as I have an update!

Have a great Friday Chan!

Hi
its a nice feature but what is really important is uncompleted sub task count.
trello has a nice way to visual this. it would be so helpful if asana has sth similar too this

1 Like

Hi Natalia,

Thanks for that update! This is a clear step in the right direction but it still needs some work because:

• as Marcin_Wronski mentions, we’re unable to quickly see completed vs incomplete tasks
  • there’s no way to get an overview of all subtasks for multiple (maybe related or dependant) tasks

I’ve submitted feedback on this as part of the new List view feedback form. There really needs to be a way to see all nested subtasks in order to get a solid grasp of the scope of work that’s on hand. Even for something as simple as wanting a quick overview of pending subtasks on one screen. There are lots of different use cases for seeing all subtasks nested under their tasks.

1 Like

Hi @Chan!

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us! I completely understand where you are coming from!

On my end, I’ll make sure to keep you posted as soon as I have un update regarding this issue!

Have a great Wednesday!

2 Likes