Idea: Jump to bottom of inbox

In every other messaging system, messages are opened at the bottom of the thread, so the most recent messages are visible. In Asana (both desktop and app), all comments and messages are opened at the top of the thread, which requires users to scroll through all previous messages every time to read a new message. This is poor UX. Threads that get long become impossible to use.

I found this previous suggestion: Idea: Jump to bottom of inbox which is over 2 years old and has not been implemented.

I also asked in the Tips and Tricks forum if there was something I was missing: Open messages below last message? and I was informed by Larry Berger that there is a comment icon in project List and Board views, which scrolls to the bottom. But it seems that (a) this should also be available in Messages and Inbox where that icon is not there, and (b) this should be the default behaviour, not something that requires extra clicks.

For me specifically, I had been using the Asana app to message team members directly, but have had to switch away to message them via SMS, FB Messenger, and WhatsApp instead, because Asana is unusable for that purpose. It would be much nicer to be able to do everything in Asana, and it seems like an incredibly simple feature to implement, it just hasn’t been done yet.