I would like to be able to merge two projects together

I might not know that this feature already exists, but I would love to be able two merge two projects together so if an employee accidentally duplicates a project/client they can be merged without having to manually copy tasks over and delete them.

And selecting all tasks from one project and changing the project at the top does not solve your issue?

1 Like

I’m facing this challenge as well. If I copy over the tasks, it does not copy the subtasks and accompanying info. Any solutions?

@Susan_Steckler1, I think the simplest way is to temporarily use the multi-homing (Add to Project) feature as follows to merge tasks in Project A into Project B:

1. Multi-select (up to 50 at a time) tasks in Project A.
  2. Add to Project B (On the right side task pane, hover over the Project A designation to expose the “+” and use that to add to Project B. Tasks are now in both projects temporarily.
  3. If you’re confident they’re multi-homed to Project B now, remove from Project A (hover the Project A designation and click the “X” to its right to remove that association). Tasks are now only in Project B.

This can also be done with Sendana Add because it has the option of creating new projects or adding all the tasks from an existing project to another existing project. Subtasks are limited to one level though. You can see more details on this post Sendana Tools-Sendana Add- A Novel Way to Add and/or Transfer Projects and Tasks In Mass - #7 by James_Carl

1 Like