I want to send attachment from a story/comment to a email using integromat

May peace be upon you

I am try to send email from asana using integromat. Now I am having some problem with attaching attachment that I upload in stories/comments to my emails,

I tried with listing attachments of a task but I wasn’t able to select the specific attachment that I want to sent with the email. Can anyone help me with this?

1 Like

Hello @rezwan, welcome to the Asana Forum :smiley:

I recommend reaching out to Integromat support as I am sure they will be able to assist further: Contact support | Integromat

3 Likes

@Michaela_S from Integromat can probably help also.

3 Likes

Hello there @rezwan Michaela from Integromat here :wave: Peace upon all of us indeed!

Hi @Phil_Seeman, thanks for tagging me!

So I believe you might be forgetting to include the step of downloading the actual file in your scenario. You would go about doing that using the ‘Get a File’ option of the HTTP module.

Basically, you would

• list the task’s attachments
  • get the attachment
  • get the actual file with the HTTP module
  • send an email with the file attached

Hope this helps :nerd_face:

If you have any questions, feel free to ask away and I’ll do my best to assist :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

thanks for the information but I tried with this but how will the select the specific attachment from the specific comment , what parameters should I use in get an attachment to get that specific attachment of a comment?

I also have another question , How can we find task using a task name as in Get a task, the task ID is needed, can we use the task name to find it?

Heya again! :slightly_smiling_face:

It’s tough to guide you on how to go about doing this when I cannot really tell what your use case is and what it is that you want to select. The ultimate advice here would be to set up filters between your modules :slightly_smiling_face:

As far as searching a task by its name is concerned, the Asana API does not allow that at this point. You could, however, list all the tasks from a project (for example) and then filter them by name.

Like I mentioned above - it’s often hard to provide the info without seeing the actual scenario. If you need assistance setting this up, feel totally free to open a ticket with our support team. The thing is, they can actually go into your scenario, inspect it and give you a way more detailed and specific answer :hugs: