I want to print tasks in my project - what i see on the screen

I am trying to get a simple report at the highest level - just a list of the tasks I see on my screen - but when I go to print it -

either I get all the subtasks and even subtasks that have been completed even though I selected options in the advanced search to the contrary.

or I am not able to print at all - I print using print screen and get only 1 page at a time - this seems like it should be so easy.

Thanks you

Welcome to the Community Forum @Naava_Frank and sincere apologies for the trouble!

Can you confirm if you’re having the same issue with another browser and with a private window? (just trying to verify if the issue is browser related)

Are you seeing the same issue in your printing preview? Could you send me a screenshot by any chance?

Looking forward to your reply!

Marie,

Thank you for your prompt response. I wish I could answer your question about browsers but I don’t exactly know how to test those things. I can tell you I always use Asana with Chrome.

Yes the error occurs in print preview - when I press Control-P I get a 1 page view instead of the whole document.

Really appreciate your help.

(I tried to attached a screen shot but got notification that new users cannot put attachments on emails…

Naava

Marie,

Thank you for your prompt response. I wish I could answer your question about browsers but I don’t exactly know how to test those things. I can tell you I always use Asana with Chrome.

Yes the error occurs in print preview - when I press Control-P I get a 1 page view instead of the whole document.

Really appreciate your help.

I don’t how to share my screen shot with you - i keep getting an error.

Marie,

I have more data for you. When I try to print this report: https://app.asana.com/0/search/924306061285095/924306061285095 - I get a blank page.

Naava

No worries at all @Naava_Frank, and thanks for providing me with this additional information.

The URL you shared in your last message is a Search; a few other users have reported they’re unable to print saved searches at the moment, and we already have a screencast illustrating the issue, so don’t worry about having to send more info!

We’re currently rebuilding the Print feature in a new framework; this should automatically fix the issue you’re experiencing. I’ll make sure to keep you posted as soon as I have an update on my end!

Thanks again for your cooperation and your patience Frank, we really appreciate it!

Thank you! I really do love working with Asana and having a powerful printing capability would make a real difference.

Glad to know you are working on it and I look forward to your updates.

Best,

Naava

1 Like