I can't find a way to alphabetize reporting graphs, is that possible?

I love the reporting feature in Asana! It has given us a whole new view on task completion and utilization. However, I would love to be able to sort the charts in some consistent way so we are looking at the same bars in the same order from chart to chart. Can we sort them alphabetically, or any other way?

Hi @Denise_Baker - Welcome to the forum!

So, to answer your question, there’s no “sort” function in the reporting dashboards, but there IS the ability to re-order. You probably saw this already, but just in case you haven’t, just grab and drag any reporting module/chart to where you want it to be. (see screenshot)

Does that get you any closer to what you were looking for?

1 Like

Thanks @Bry_ProjectKickstart, that is a great tip! But I actually want to be able to sort the bars within a chart, not the charts themselves. Do you know a workaround for that?

@Denise_Baker - Oh, ok, thanks for clarifying. There is not yet a way to sort the content of the charts. However, it sounds like a GREAT feature request!

If you log it here at the link below, let me know and I’ll vote for it immediately >>

Thanks for your help @Bry_ProjectKickstart! The request is posted.

1 Like

For anyone interested in @Denise_Baker’s idea, here’s the feature to vote for: https://forum.asana.com/t/sort-bars-within-a-reporting-chart/138433

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 6 days. New replies are no longer allowed.