I cannot see the "Today", "Upcoming" and "Later" sections

I want to sort my tasks in “new tasks” “upcoming” and “later” - is this something you need to upgrade for doing? I have the free version and can only se “new tasks”:

3 Likes

Hi
The section Today/Upcoming/later don’t appear if they are empty.
The first time you need to clik the little blue circle on the right of the line of the task in your Mytasks.

Once you’ll have at least one task in each section then they’ll appear all the time.

1 Like

Hi @katarina.haaralofste to follow up on @Julien_RENAUD reply, you don’t need to have the free version to sort out your new tasks in the Today, Upcoming and Later sections; but as Julien explained, the Today, Upcoming and Later sections in your My Tasks (How to Get Started With Asana My Tasks | Product Guide • Asana Product Guide) will disappear if there are no tasks in them.

To bring them back, move any of the tasks in your My Tasks list to the missing section (How to Get Started With Asana My Tasks | Product Guide • Asana Product Guide). You can do this by clicking the icon to the right of the task title in the main pane, or using the following keyboard shortcuts:

Tab+Y - Today
Tab+U - Upcoming
Tab+L - Later

Let us know if you have any follow-up questions!

3 Likes

Thank you! When sorted in Today/Upcoming/Later - is it possible to have them sorted after due date in each of those categories?

Hey @katarina.haaralofste, thanks for following up! Unfortunately, this is not possible, if you sort your “My Tasks” by due dates, you will automatically lose the Today, Upcoming and Later sections. But you can easily re-arrange your tasks manually with your sections using the drag and drop function!

ok thank you :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’m not seeing my tasks sorted this way. Everything is just under ‘New Tasks’ … there are tasks in there with due dates set to yesterday (eek!), today, monday, and later in the month… what am i not doing right?

1 Like

Hi @John_Douglas; in order to see your tasks in “Today”, “Upcoming” and “Later”, you need to sort them out from the “New Tasks” section following these steps: How to Get Started With Asana My Tasks | Product Guide • Asana Product Guide

Can you try these steps and let me know if it works?

I dont see the other sections to “Sort them out.” All I see is a single collapsable section called “New Tasks” and there’s no way to pull tasks out of it.

You might have missed some parts of the Help page @Marie pointed to in her reply:

Move tasks between priority sections:

1. Hover over the task name and click the icon next to the task’s due date
  2. Select which section you want to move the task to

Larry Berger
Asana2Go & Asana Certified Pro consultant at Trilogi Software

2 Likes

thanks!.. yes. somehow ive missed that every i read the page.

next question: i assumed that when new tasks were assigned, they would automatically get put into one of those sections. is that not the case?

for instance, i just created a new subtask item, assigned it to me and gave it a date. when i went back to my list, it’s sitting in new. is the idea that im supposed to manually manage my workload and sort every new item?

1 Like

Yes exactly, every new tasks assigned to you will be in the New section. MyTasks page is only your responsability and you manage the tasks as you want. Putting a task in Upcoming or Later won’t changer the due date, it is you who decide how you organize your to do list.
A task with a due date will auto-promote from Later to Upcoming to Today.

2 Likes

Thanks for clarifying. So there is some magic. Nice.

1 Like

Further, you can speed up the triage process by using 1) multi select of tasks and 2) shortcut tab-y, tab-u, and tab-l (today, upcoming, later), both separately and together.

2 Likes

I cannot see my today, upcoming and later sections and the grab hand appears but I cannot move anything around my screen. I have tried Chrome and Firefox. Please help!! :slight_smile:

Hi @Oonagh_Dockley and welcome to the Community Forum! Check out this reply, it should help you solve this problem!

The sections within My Tasks - New, Today, Upcoming and Later - have all disappeared except Later. I’m assigning my tasks to each one but they aren’t “moving” to those sections bc the sections don’t even appear. Please help!

1 Like

Hi @Lauren_Cantoni,

I can think of a couple reasons. The first to check for is your sorting in your view options under the icon in the upper right:

Choosing options other than “None” can can remove the New/Today/Upcoming/Later sections in favor of some other scheme.

Another thing I can think of is maybe not having any tasks in one of those categories. This doesn’t sound like your issue though given you state you’re moving them to the sections (using the Tab key shortcuts I’m guessing?).

If it’s not one of those, maybe a screenshot (you can paste images straight into your posts) might help someone spot what’s going on.

Let me know,
Ryan

3 Likes

Hi @Lauren_Cantoni :wave:t3:I’m merging this thread with I cannot see the "Today", "Upcoming" and "Later" sections; have a look at this reply it should help you solve the issue!

THANK YOU. I was going a little crazy trying to figure out why i couldn’t see those other sections. This was the answer for me.

2 Likes