How to visualize a set of projects together on a timeline

Hi All, I am looking for a way to view a collection of Asana projects on a single timeline. Basically, I want the Timeline view that you can get within a single project, but instead of tasks on a project timeline, I want to see projects on a program timeline. Any ideas how to generate something like this? I hoped the new portfolio feature would be able to do this, but it doesn’t/it still uses tasks as the only item that can be viewed on a timeline.

While I’m here, I also want to view project sections on a timeline as bars corresponding to the dates I assign to the sections. As it is now, I can only view tasks on a timeline.

I think this boils down to needin the ability to zoom out from tasks :slight_smile:

Hi @Page_Sorensen and welcome to the Forum! :wave:

This hasn’t been built yet but here is a workaround if you want to use Timeline to view how several Projects are progressing together.

We recommend that you create a “master” project to which you can multi-home (https://asana.com/guide/help/tasks/fields#gl-multi-home ) key tasks from other Projects. This will allow you to get an overview of the major accomplishments (or blockers) across multiple Projects.

Hope this helps.

PS: We already have a thread onour #productfeedback Category: Timeline - view multiple projects together. If you haven’t yet, I would also recommend adding your vote and comment to this thread.

Let me know if you have any follow up questions! Have a great Wednesday!

1 Like