How to sort search results by Incomplete to complete tasks?

Any Tip or trick to sort search results by Incomplete to complete tasks?

1 Like

Hi @Hassan_Farhat

You could filter the search by ‘Completion time’:

That seems to put all of the completed tasks first and incomplete second. If that’s not quite what you’re after, you can always export the search and filter it in Excel.

Hope that helps.

2 Likes

To piggy back off of @Mark_Hudson, after running the search with the Completion Time filter (for my test, I didn’t add any dates and set projects to my personal tracking project) I made sure to sort by Completion Time (in the upper right hand corner) and it looks like it pulled pretty much everything. The only thing I guess I would complain about here is I can’t invert the search results, so it shows most recently completed at the top.

Then you can save it and access it at any point and it will automatically update :slight_smile:

2 Likes

@Hassan_Farhat, If the above solutions don’t provide enough flexibility, you can use Responsive list view, multi-column sorts, hide/show 21 columns, filter-as-you-type, and more: Asana2Go Interactive Tables ✨ to sort by completed/incomplete in either order, and combined with other sorts, or filter by completed/incomplete.

Larry

1 Like

Thanks,

The goal that is to refine the search results, in such way that completed tasks do not appear.

By the way I am using Asana2Go as an extension at chrome, it is very useful tool.

@Hassan_Farhat,

In case you missed it, you can just use this in Advanced Search:
And great to hear Asana2Go is useful to you!

Larry

Thanks for the tip, it expanded my experience at ASANA,

But still I have to do this step every time I perform the search

At our operation, we don’t refer to the completed tasks and we avoid printing

1 Like

@Hassan_Farhat, I agree it would be nice to pre-set those fields, but not possible. However, you can save searches, name them, and modify them as needed, so maybe that could save a few keystrokes. You could even save a search that only set Completion to Incomplete and then modify it for each new search to add the rest of the criteria, with this one already pre-set. The modifications are only saved as new searches so the baseline one remains for future use again.

2 Likes

I will give it a try – Saved Search

1 Like

You can use Bridge24 for Asana for that purpose. Using the grid view, you can sort/group on the Completed column. It becomes easy to see Incomplete and Completed tasks, and generate charts and reports on them.