How to set-up project due data based on specific milestone completion?

We have an internal target to complete all customer onboardings within 45 days. Onboarding starts with customer kickoff meeting or a call.

In my project template, this kickoff call is the first milestone, but it could be just a task if it makes it easier to archive what I want to do.

I’d like to have a rule where when kickoff meeting is completed project due date is set 45 calendar days from this date(kickoff completion). I’m not sure how to set this up. and appreciate help.

More exactly I did figure how to set 45 day due date rule but not how to attach it to specific milestone.

Hi @Kimmo_Hintikka and welcome to the Forum! :wave:

That is a great question. One way to achieve this could be to create a Specific Section called Completed Milestone. The rule can then be set this way: Task moved to a certain Column/Section → Set due date.

I hope this helps! Please let me know if you have any follow-up question or comment.
Have a great Monday!

Thanks, @Natalia I think for this to work I need change all the other milestones into a task or make sure only move kickoff milestone into completed milestone bucket and rest into a completed task which completed tasks currently move automatically into the completed bucket.

Would you consider feature request where automation can be set against a specific task or milestone?

Something like when {task} competed run automation {}

Having this feature would significantly add the value of Asana me as Post Sales Engineer, and probably for anyone doing project-based customer work.

1 Like