How to import Assignee and show up on Gantt chart

Hello, Community! I’ve trying to import a project with the CSV import feature. I have it working. My only issue is that once I map an assignee via the import, that Assignee only shows up as a resource, but not an assignee. I have to go back and physically assign the person to the task.

The only way for the Gantt chart to show properly is for assignees to be on each task.

Seems backwards that I can map an assignee for import, but assignee isn’t assigned. Anyone else have that issue or have solved this problem?

According to Asana CSV Importer • Asana Product Guide you can map to the assignee field. But the screenshot shows email addresses and the doc says “Your column that contains the name of the teammate responsible”. Which one did you try?

I mapped the Assignee field to email address. The assignee appears under the resource, but I want/expect the name to appear in Assignee and have the task ASSIGNED. Wasn’t sure if I am doing something wrong in my data entry or if there is a template out there I should be using.

@James_Carl is the best at CSV. I’ll have a look myself next week if needed.

Hi @kyle.wong and my apologies for the delay in responding to you here. This does seems strange, I just tried to reproduce on my end, and when mapping the “Assignee” field with my CSV email address column, Assignees populate correctly in my Asana project. In order to investigate this issue further, could you please reach out to our support team with the information listed below?

• URL of this thread so you don’t have to re-explain everything :slight_smile:
  • The CSV file you’re trying to upload in Asana
  • The URL of the project where you’re uploading your CSV
  • A screenshot of what you’re seeing for one of this task (email address listed in the description but not in the actual Assignee field

With this info, our support team should be able to resolve this issue efficiently! Again, my apologies for not being able to help you further via the Forum with this specific issue; if you ever have questions or come across another issue, feel free to reach out in the Forum, we will be more than happy to help :slight_smile:

1 Like