How to download the IDs of all the projects in my organization at once

Is there a way to download the IDs of all the projects in an organization at once?

1 Like

If you’re willing to do a little massaging of the output, one way is via the Asana API Explorer. You can use the GET /projects endpoint.

Do you have more than 100 projects? If so, it’s a bit more work - you have to use the offset parameter - let me know if you need to know how to do that.

@lpb @Bastien_Siebman, do you guys have any alternate suggestions to add?

1 Like

@Hiroshi_Watanabe and @Phil_Seeman,

Maybe @Bastien_Siebman’s iDO Tools - Improve Asana with our tools and automations offers this in its advanced version?

Asana2Go can certainly easily report the project GID but you have to select tasks to start off the process, so only helpful if you have a task in each each project.

Larry

1 Like

Yes my overview tool has a CSV export (paid feature), @Hiroshi_Watanabe let me know if you want to know more.

2 Likes

@Phil_Seeman Thanks for the very useful information, I didn’t know how to use the API Endpoint, I’ll look into that and give it a shot!

@lpb Thanks for letting me know Asana2go!
It looks interesting and I will look into it.

1 Like

@Bastien_Siebman I am interested in CSV Export. I’m going to try the method that the other two people gave me first. If I can’t figure it out, let me talk to you!

You won’t need to know how to use the API per se - in the API Explorer, just select Projects from the top dropdown list and GET /Projects from the second dropdown:

Down the page, change Limit to be 100. If you have more than 100 projects and want info on how to deal with that, let me know.

But you may find the format of the resulting output to be something you can’t easily deal with depending on your technical skill level and needs. You may be better off with Bastien’s CSV export.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 6 days. New replies are no longer allowed.