How to disconnect tasks syncing to my main calendar?

I got too excited about syncing my tasks to my calendar and synced to my main calendar instead of a separate one. How can I disconnect the sync into my main calendar?

2 Likes

Hi @Jacque_Garner you will need to unsubscribe the calendar from your Gmail or the Calendar App that you are using and then redo the process to the correct calendar.

eg. in Google Calendar you

There is an unsubscribe button down the bottom in the Calendar Settings.

I hope this helps.

Jason.

1 Like

Sorry - I didn’t explain myself clearly. I IMPORTED into my main calendar and I needed it to go to a separate one.

Hey @Jacque_Garner, to connect to another calendar you would still have to disconnect the current google calendar first and then reconnect the calendar on your different google account.

That is not working?

1 Like

@Jacque_Garner Did you ever solve this? I had a similar issue. I was trying to sync to my ical. When the sync can through (desktop) it merged with my main work Calendar. I tired the sync a second time view my iPhone and it synced perfectly and created it own separate calendar. In ical if you ‘unsubscribe’ from a calender you delete. I can’t delete my entire work calendar.

Any suggestion appreciated.

Hi there, I have the same issue.
Does anyone have any ideas on solving it? :pray:t2:

Hi all,
Has there been a solution to this?
My colleague has imported her calender into iCal using the steps shown in this tutorial - Asana + Google Kalender, Outlook und Apple synchronisieren | Produkthandbuch • Asana-Produkthandbuch

Now we would like to delete this because it is showing up too many tasks, including private tasks on her calender which is shared with the whole organisation.

How can we delete this shared asana task calender?

I am having this issue now - I imported my Asana tasks to my Outlook (desktop) calendar vs adding it as a seperate calendar. Now my work or main calendar has tons of Asana tasks and is too much to have in one calendar. How do I remove the Asana calendar from my Outlook primary calendar?

Has anyone figured out how to address this problem? I somehow integrated my Asana tasks into my gmail when I was trying to update my calendar on my IPhone. Unsubcribing to my work calendar isn’t option. Is there any way to tell gmail to stop importing info from Asana? Does anyone at Asana actually look at this to provide help?

I have this same issue. It is destroying my productivity b/c it makes it impossible to use my calendar scheduling feature. Every day appears completely blocked by the tasks that came over as all-day busy events into my Outlook calendar.

I had the same problem and just re-syncing my calendar (but selecting new calendar) seems to have fixed it. I guess you can only sync with one calendar at a time?

Same issue someone please help!

Same issue!

I worked this out.

In Mac calendar just show all your calendars down the side. Mine was called tasks. I clicked on that and then unsubscribed. And everything disappeared. Easy. (Yet so hard to find).

Same issue as well, need help!

The solution that most people are suggesting is to delete the separate calendar they are syncing to. The problem that many of us are having is that we’ve synced it to our main (or even one and only) calendar. That means you can’t get rid of it (as far as I can tell). Asana should suggest you add it to its own separate calendar when you sync it. That’s the only way to keep control of it.

1 Like

Adding in here that my team is having the same issues. We just set up a PTO calendar in Asana but I didn’t caution them to only add a new calendar, so others (like me) imported into our existing calendar. Between this, and tasks not syncing after 24 hours, really hoping some solutions or better guidance are released on this soon.