How to customize the Project Status field from the default values

Greetings all,

of:
On-Track, At-Risk, Off-Track, On-Hold, Complete?

See attached screenshot

4 Likes

@anon69507629,

I’m afraid not; sorry.

You can vote for that here:

And here’s the best workaround I could come up with:

Larry

1 Like

Hi @anon69507629 , at present this is not possible.

However, if you are on the Business plan, you can add custom fields to your portfolios so that these fields can show up in your Status Updates by toggling the ‘Show or hide fields’ found at the top of the status update’s editor page.

Richard’s trick definitely works, you can decide all status are green, and then use a second dropdown for your own statuses.

Hi @Richard_Sather and @Bastien_Siebman, can you gents elaborate on the workaround? Perhaps a screenshot?

You can go in a portfolio (if you have Business) > Customise > Add custom field and create a dropdown field for status. Let me know if this helps.

1 Like

@anon69507629,

After adding a Status custom field to a portfolio, it will appear as a menu item you can check to toggle on for inclusion in your status reports, like the several custom fields shown here:

Larry

1 Like

upvote +1

How can we setup a default value to a custom field in Asana ? Like if user does not populate a value in Status field default should be Not Started not null

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.