How to Automatically Delete Projects Once All Tasks Are Complete

Hello, is there a way to set up where a project is automatically deleted from a team once all tasks have been completed?

I’m fairly sure there isn’t, and I would recommend caution in creating a rule for an automatic process like this. What if the rule triggered unintentionally or prematurely, and you lost important data? Would this be for decluttering, or security, or some other reason? If you can share your ultimate goal, there might be easy ways to achieve what you want without automatic project deletion.

1 Like

Thanks for this input. It would be to delete projects after on-boarding or off-boarding with HR is complete per employee.

Just to be clear: don’t delete a project. Archive it :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yes, archiving sounds like a good solution. Our practice here is to archive the checklists for onboarding and offboarding (not in Asana), as on rare occasions they may need to be referred to.

Hi there @Crystal_Wiggins, Michaela from Integromat here :slightly_smiling_face:

If it’s currently not possible to achieve this natively and if you’re not opposed to incorporating a third-party service to your workflow, you might want to check out Integromat. It’s a no-code automation tool that lets you connect Asana to almost any other online service.

If you’d like to see what the options are, you can have a look at all the available features of the Asana integration (i.e. triggers, actions, and pre-made templates).

Speaking specifically about your use case, you’d need to invite the following Asana modules to play:

• List Projects
  • Get a Project’s Task Count
  • Delete a Project

Between the last two modules, there is a filter applied to only let certain data pass through. You can set up the filter by clicking the wrench symbol between the modules and configuring the filter e.g. like this:

This topic was automatically closed after 6 days. New replies are no longer allowed.