Sound for iOS notifications

Hi everyone:

I’ve tried without any success to make my iPhone sound when I get an Asana notification. I just get a notification on screen, but the phone neither vibrates nor sounds.
I have an iPhone SE with iOS 10.3.3

Any help?

Thank you all.

2 Likes

Hi @Ing_Heber_Soltero. At this time we’re not able to assign a sound to Asana’s notifications on iOS. However, we do hear this request from time to time and we’ll keep in mind your suggestion as we move forward!

1 Like

@Ing_Heber_Soltero,

You might be able to create a work around with Zapier or IFTTT! You can set it to make a sound every time you get an email from Asana or something like that.

1 Like

Ooh good call @saractall!

Yup, not bad, but I’m thinking in Asana as a replacement for email, so I was expecting to stop email sending, but I can’t do that while I don’t have audible notifications on the iPhone. I know… I know… it’s better Android, but what can I do? every member of the company was given an iPhone…

5 Likes

For me it would be nice to have sound notifications on iOS app and Safari on OS X too

4 Likes

Same as Heber_Soltero above. I’m looking for an audible sound when I receive an Asana notification. I’ve eliminated these notifications from my email, but now I keep missing them on my phone. I pick up my phone and it’s oops, this notification is 3 hours old!

2 Likes

The best solution so far is to buy an Android, yo can activate audible notifications, even have a special sound for Asana. :star_struck:

1 Like

Hi! I’m getting no notifications about past due tasks. I am using an iPhone 7 app and all notification settings are turned on. Asana… community members… please help!!? I love asana

Hi @Shana_Mitchell - Just in case, have you taken a look at the Asana Guide article on notifications? You can confirm all of the notification settings you need in the badges and notifications section of this article: https://asana.com/guide/help/ios/basics

For reference from the article -

If you have notifications for your iOS device turned on, you will receive push notifications for the following stories:

A task has been assigned to you
A task you’re assigned and/or following has a comment posted
A task you’re following is marked as complete
A task you’re assigned is due (sent around midnight on the day of the task’s due date)
A Conversation is posted in a Team or Workspace that you belong to

If you’ve ensured that all points listed in this article are set correctly, then please mention @Alexis to let me know there’s an issue and I’ll be happy to file a bug report.

Any updates on when we can add sound notifications on iOS11? This is a dealbreaker since we want to use your awesome product but we cant look at our mobile device all the time and I don’t want to turn on e-mail notifications. Cheers.

I do also think sound notfications are a must for some of us. Please deploy this feature and let the user decides

1 Like

Agree 100% with all users requesting a sound notification. At a minimum, it would be helpful to update the reference materials including the iOS app description section “COMMUNICATE WITH COWORKERS IN ASANA” to add the disclaimer that ‘notification’ does not currently include an option for sound.

Generally speaking, it appears the majority of users would expect sound to be a component of that feature. Personally, I just spent 30 minutes scouring the how-to documents, troubleshooting my phone, and setting up an account on alternate devices to finally arrive at this post. Very disappointing. On a positive note, I absolutely LOVE the other features that I have found so far!

I was hoping to expand the use of the software to integrate all of our team members rather than taking a PM resource-only approach for utilization. Unfortunately without a legitimate real-time conversation, this won’t be possible.

@Alexis - Is this enhancement scheduled for deployment any time soon?

Asana notification for desktop please

Agreed – my IT guy built a ticketing system using Asana, and it’s pretty fantastic, when I’m sitting at my desk with two big monitors. But on weekends, when I’m running around, there’s no way for me to get an audible alert from this, so the system breaks down.

Thanks for your response Marie but there is no sound notifications in the settings for my ios phone like there is in the samsung device.

Blessings

Peter

Correct @Peter_Dominy; there is currently no sound for notifications in iOS, hopefully this is something we can implement in the future though! I’ve moved this thread to the #productfeedback category to allow you and other Forum members to vote for this feature request!

Marie,

That seams very strange that you added this common feature to the android device but not to ios? Are there not any owners in your company that have a iphone device?

Blessings,

Peter

Thanks for the follow-up! Yes a lot of us at Asana have iOS device, including myself! :slight_smile: I personally don’t mind not having a sound with notifications, but I can see how useful it could be for other people.

Our Team is aware of this discrepancy between our Android and iOS app and is hoping to implement “sound” notification for iOS in the future! Thanks for your patience @Peter_Dominy and apologies for any inconvenience caused!

1 Like

Hi!
Do you have any news about sound for notifications in IOS?
For me it’s very important feature!