How is "Time to Complete" calculated and used?

When creating a Number chart in the Dashboard, you can specify “Time to Complete” for the Value. How is this calculated and what are some use cases?

Hi @BGPM

Welcome to the community.

There is an Asana Custom Field called Time To Complete that is used in a number of Asana Templates.

This field is not a calculated field it is just a field to allow a usee to estimate how long it will take to complete the task.

In Dashboards it allows you to graph by Custom Fields which in this case would be graphing the data entered into that field.

I hope this helps you.

Jason.

Thank you! Can you give me the name of a template that uses this field. Also, the “Time to Complete” custom field I see available to add to my project is a single select type and not a number. If I add this field and populate it in a few tasks, it has no effect on the “Time to Complete” chart in the dashboard.

Hi @BGPM, welcome to the Asana Community Forum!

I think you are referring to the new Time to Complete metric in Project Dashboards. This metric is calculated by subtracting the completion time from the creation time of a task:

I hope this helps!

2 Likes

Thank you! I see how this could be useful for projects that track reactive work like support tickets, but it’s not that useful for me, as most of my tasks will be created in advance during a planning cycle. A more useful metric for me would be to sum the remaining time scheduled in a project as defined by the start and end dates scheduled for each task.

This topic was automatically closed after 3 days. New replies are no longer allowed.