How do I view today / upcoming / later in a project?

My question is primarily around my setup for my own personal task management within Asana, this is not how I work with other people. I manage 4 different teams, so I created private projects for all 4 of those teams. Day to day I work out of My Tasks, which makes it really easy to see what project the task belongs too, and allows me to categorize them as “today” / “upcoming” / “later”, which really helps me stay organized.

My question is about the times where I want to view tasks just for a particular team. I can’t filter My Tasks by a project, so that options out. I then try to click on the private project, but from there I can’t see “today” / “upcoming” / or “later” assignments in a clear visual way.

Oddly enough in the details of the task I can see my Name as the assignee, and then I can see a little Icon screenshots below for today / upcoming / later… so I know the information is there.
Screen Shot 2021-03-09 at 5.32.01 PM

Thanks!!

Hang in there, My Tasks is getting completely revamped and will be a project with real sections, so it will be easier for you to work with I believe!

Hi @Evan_Bartlett,

You could potentially use tags to note what team each task belongs to. But as @Bastien_Siebman mentioned, we’re in the process of rolling out a major My Tasks update in which you’ll be able to create your own custom sections, making My Tasks a lot more flexible. For more info on this topic, check out the following announcement → Meet your new My Tasks

1 Like

I just read through the document, but it looks pretty similar to what I’ve had in “My Tasks”. Am I missing something?

Are assignments likes “today” / “upcoming” / “later” now persistent outside of My Tasks?

Is there some new functionality in this rollout that would help me do what I’m trying to do?

Today-Upcoming-Later will become sections. So basically from anywhere, when something is assigned to you, you’ll be able to see if that task sits in Today Upcoming or Later.

But it won’t be easily displayed on the screen I believe however so I am not sure what you need will be possible… @Marie will be able to help complete my answer.

Yes @Evan_Bartlett

With this new update, for all tasks assigned to you viewed from a project, you will see a drop-down menu in the task details indicating in which section of your My Tasks the task is currently located. You will even be able to change it to another My Tasks section from this same view. See an example below

Oh wow, thats much more clear. Will I be able to put this field as a column in that project task view? So I can sort my tasks by this “My Tasks Section”?

Thanks!

This topic was automatically closed after 6 days. New replies are no longer allowed.

Hi @Evan_Bartlett I’m afraid you won’t be able to get this info within a column in your projects - but sounds like a good idea for a future update!