Ability to disable pop up notifications when creating/copying/deleting a project or task

Please, do something with this, these pop-ups are very annoying.

4 Likes

I agree with this - a quite counterproductive feature. I just started using Asana and overall I like it, but the little unnecessary bugging features that canā€™t be turned off are a major downside (activity feeds is another). Why have them? If some people need them but they annoy many others, why not provide the option to turn them off?

2 Likes

Hi Marie. Could you link to that other thread please? or is it this one?

I was referring to this post Disable "growl" notifications lower left of screen @A_K, which Iā€™ve merged with the thread weā€™re currently discussing on.

Hope this helps!

How to we find out if this is going to be updated anytime soon? This original thread was created a year ago now.

Thanks!

3 Likes

100% useless feature and a hindrance if you work with automation.

3 Likes

One more request to adjust these. I appreciate the convenience of the toast coming up when a task is marked complete and vanishes ā€“ the fleeting undo has sometimes been helpful. However, there are other job status notifications that seem to linger and stack without a timer, usually around project creation. One the one hand, itā€™s nice to get a heads-up that a project based off a complicated templated with lots of dependencies has been created, because I do often move along to other things while I wait. However, I think those should still be on some kind of timer: either Iā€™ve seen the notice but am too busy elsewhere on my screen to notice it and send it away, or Iā€™ve stepped away from the machine for a few minutes and just reasonably expect the project to have been made. But right now, the most I notice the job status notices is when they get in the way of expanding a team or selecting a project, and they are not vanishing on their own as Iā€™d expect them to.

While itā€™s not an ideal solution, you can use the uBlock Origin extension to block these annoying popups.

Simply trigger one of the popups, then enter into Zapper element mode within the uBlock plugin, then hover over the popup until it captures the entire container of the element, then click it. Voila. Itā€™s blocked.

Youā€™ll need to do this for each type of Toast that triggers. However, if you set it by the element it should block them all. The class to block is .ToastManager.

7 Likes

It would be helpful to be able to disable the pop up notifications that appear when a rule is automatically triggered. Currently, we only have the ability to dismiss from the screen.

When using rules like adding tasks, the notification can become noisy and get in the way of the screen.

I agree. I hope that it is temporary because the feature is still quite newā€¦ It should be less and less intrusiveā€¦

4 Likes

Hi guys,
So can we do it already or not?
Thanks.

2 Likes

Or give us an options to do so. Iā€™ve seen various requests for this feature here for over a year, yet the issue still persists, itā€™s bad ux design. Iā€™d prefer not to resort to hacking the css as it should be a product feature.

5 Likes

Hi @Davincible,

Could you let us know exactly what youā€™re looking for? Are you referring to email or Inbox notifications?

You can already enable/disable email notifications so I guess youā€™d lile to have more control what type of notification you receive or when you receive them, but in order to better advise you, I would need to better understand your request :slight_smile:

I look forward to your reply!

Hi Marie,

I am refering to the pop up notifications in the bottom left of the screen, not the email notifications (those settings I indeed found).

Just as explained in this thread: Ability to disable pop up notifications when creating/copying/deleting a project or task

2 Likes

Got you @Davincible,

Iā€™ve slightly edited the title of the thread to make it more discoverable to other users, hope thatā€™s ok!

1 Like

Do you have any insight as to when this feature could be developed ? Would greatly enhance the user experience of the great product that asana is.

1 Like

Not at the moment @Davincible, but Iā€™ll be sure to share information on this thread as soon as I get some!

2 Likes

Please allow users the opportunity to disable pop up notifications on the left panel. This is a disturbance and inefficiency for many of my projects and team members when working quickly.

6 Likes

This is BEYOND annoyingā€¦ Please find a way to disable theseā€¦ I am on the brink of using a different software because of this.

5 Likes

Feature request: can you please allow us to turn off that thereā€™s a pop-up to the left of the screen each time we create a new task? They donā€™t disappear by themselves which means we have to go click a bunch of ā€œxā€ when we plan in a bunch of tasks. Itā€™s useless.

Thanks

3 Likes