Ability to disable pop up notifications when creating/copying/deleting a project or task

Now when I complete a task I get a pop up on the left telling me I completed the task and giving me the option to undo it. How to I turn these pop ups off? It covers my menu for a few seconds while they slowly disappear but are in the way when trying to flip between projects.

13 Likes

Thanks for the feedback @Sarah_Minter and welcome to the Forum :wave:t3:As it stands, it’s not possible to disable these pop-up notifications, however, I can see your point here. I have gone ahead and moved your post to the #productfeedback category to allow you and other Forum members to vote for this feature request. Simply hit the “Vote” button to add yours!

12 Likes

I’m with Sarah on this one… I don’t like these pop ups blocking my menu of projects, make this something that can be toggled off please!

17 Likes

I don’t want notifications (which display in the lower left when new tasks are created, etc) as they get in the way. How to disable?

6 Likes

You can’t,I think. But if that really bothers you, you can do a hack and hide it using custom CSS on the webpage. But you might miss out on important notifications though…

1 Like

Yep it really bothers me as it has nothing to do with “important notifications.” The short-lived temporary “growl” notifications “confirming” actions I’m already taking just consumes important screen real estate (like covering/hiding lists of projects on lower left sidebar). It’s not necessary at all for my workflow. Important things don’t pop-up and disappear. They stick.

11 Likes

Thanks for the feedback @Bill_Doerrfeld! We already have a thread on this topic, so I have gone ahead and merged your post with the existing thread. Feel free to add your vote to this main thread :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Yes, this is EXTREMELY annoying.

11 Likes

I would like to add that having the growl notification is frustrating when you’re in timeline view planning projects. It covers a most-used area which is awkward. Suggest if you have to keep this feature, move it top right corner. Ideally, Asana provides the option to disable in future. Thanks.

10 Likes

I agree. I really need this shut off!

7 Likes

I agree too! Slows me down and gets in my way. PLEASE give the option to turn this off!

4 Likes

Has this been fixed? Incredibly annoying

6 Likes

Please provide a way to disable these popups. Extremely annoying.

5 Likes

PLEASE DISABLE THESE GROWL NOTIFICATIONS!!!

6 Likes

Does no one actually check this forum? All these people have asked for these pop-ups to be removed and no one has answered or reply’d from ASANA. When I originally made the request over a year ago to ASANA support they posted the request here, but I think this is just a place for people to come and talk about it. Not to have ASANA actually fix the issue?

8 Likes

These growl notifications are a hinderance.

3 Likes

I also find them a complete annoyance. Why do I need to be notified about every minute task I perform? I get by perfectly well without a running commentary in every other aspect of my working life!
It’s a particular hindrance when drafting timelines which I frequently update as plans change and different tasks and added/amended. I see no benefit to this distraction!

3 Likes

Any Asana Product folks actually looking at this? My team and I also find this incredibly annoying and a hindrance to moving quickly…

4 Likes

These endless notifications are a pox. Eradicate. Ruins the flow of using your product.

2 Likes

These notifications are horrible. They do not go away and I can’t access the menu! Is there any fix for this?

6 Likes